• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received someone elses books
2 2

3 posts in this topic

I sent in 7 books for the Lee / Williams signature series, four matched variants of X-Men #1 which already had CGC verified Chris Claremont signatures on them, and raw copies of X-Men #2, #3 and #5.

I just got the shipment back, and immediately noticed that the X-Men #1 set wasn't mine... (a) because they literally sent me books with covers A, B, C and C instead of a D... but also (b) because while the holders say its signed by all three people, the Chris Claremont signatures are pretty obviously not there. It caught my eye on the shipment notice on the images too but I hoped the images were just wrong, but nope, wrong books, in the wrong holders, and one of them, which I had originally in a 9.8 grade, had dropped to a 9.4 with grader notes of "Crease on back cover"... which wasn't on MY book, but ALSO isn't on THIS book.

Also, I'm like 90% the #2 I sent in was a direct and not the newstand that was sent back to me... but I dont have proof on that one, so I may have to accept it I guess?

I sent a contact form in which is what it looked like their docs said to do but haven't heard back yet, but I'm a little concerned as the entire point was to have MY books signed, not just A book. Anyone hit this and had luck actually getting their books returned correctly? Is there anything else I should be doing, as I see CGC seems to have some strict time limits on trying to handle issues, and this is a big one.

Edited by i8beef