• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st Submission to CGC
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, just about ready to send off my first box of 4 comics for submission, and have noticed I have 3 comics under grading /modern that adds $80 for return shipping, then 1 comic under grading /vintage that adds another $80 for return shipping, then gives a total of shipping as $160. Is this a fault? And I joined as a premier member that supposably adds $150 credit to my account. I definitely don't see any $150 credit on my packing slip. Any idea's? 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:22 AM, Darthvader23 said:

Hey Guys, just about ready to send off my first box of 4 comics for submission, and have noticed I have 3 comics under grading /modern that adds $80 for return shipping, then 1 comic under grading /vintage that adds another $80 for return shipping, then gives a total of shipping as $160. Is this a fault? And I joined as a premier member that supposably adds $150 credit to my account. I definitely don't see any $150 credit on my packing slip. Any idea's? 

Because you have comics in two different tiers (modern is a different tier from vintage), they count it as two separate submissions (and thus, two return shipping charges). As for the credit, they do that on the backend after they receive and log submission; they'll see if you have any credits and apply it then and charge you any outstanding balance.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:47 PM, Darthvader23 said:

Oh yeah @Sigur Ros, definitely feeling nervous - LOL .  Another question, I have 2 comics in 2 separate comic boxes ( nicely packed into 1 bigger box ), should i put the 3 modern comics in 1 box and the 1 vintage in it's own box?

My opinion:

Definitely separate the 2 submission types.  I put them in separate geminis (or any sort of bundle will work), and attach the order forms to the front of each.  You can then ship them all in the same box.   

Important:  Do what you can to make it obvious, and easy, for them when they open the box.

There was a recent post here about someone not getting all their books back. Turned out whomever opened the main shipping box didn't see the other books and tossed the box out.  I think that was the case.