• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unnamable Writer: PKD appreciation thread
2 2

122 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2024 at 5:48 AM, OtherEric said:

A couple more:

Golden Man.jpg

That Golden Man cover is a bit off putting, isn't it :eek:

And wasn't that a short story? I remember reading it in a UK version of collected stories.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:51 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That Golden Man cover is a bit off putting, isn't it :eek:

And wasn't that a short story? I remember reading it in a UK version of collected stories.

It is, the book is a collection of stories, although they somehow forgot to mention that on the front cover.

On 1/24/2024 at 5:23 PM, OtherEric said:

It is, the book is a collection of stories, although they somehow forgot to mention that on the front cover.

Roger that.

I went looking for my Man Whose Teeth Were All Exactly Alike and found this instead:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.0362b554f575e29fe510dfe66b16f8a6.jpg

I read this in paperback form many years ago and the 2374 Exegesis followed me around ever since. This is a nice big chunky 1st edition from 1989. I think I'll give it another go at some point this year.

Has anyone mentioned the Marvel UK hardback annuals which are suddenly getting expensive. Well, lets be honest, everything is getting expensive. I regret not picking up multiple copies when I used to see them in Charity shops for 50p. In hindsight I regret not picking up multiple copies of comics that are now "valuable keys".

bladerunner.thumb.jpg.a99a3339688adbbae45272af55cfb3ec.jpg

in.thumb.jpg.38615d14680b48beb3795fb0ba2c22b0.jpg

On 2/1/2024 at 8:19 AM, Darwination said:

No mention of PKD, but I thought I'd better break this out re: the OMNI above.  (my household subscribed for at least a few years)

I don't think we ever had a subscription, but we picked it up pretty regularly during the 80's.  It was really a good magazine for a while.