• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick question about the Green Label
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have a Poison Ivy Cycle of life and Death #1 that is signed by Amy Chu with the COA from Midtown Comics. I'm thinking of submitting it but not sure how to submit this book. If I do a normal submission, will it get a low grade due to the unwitnessed signature and a blue label or will they overlook it and put on the supposed dreaded green label with a normal grade. I do not see a submission form for the green label on the site.

Thank you for the information beforehand.

-Jason

IMG_0433.thumb.jpg.53fb1405de4d9e6e066503e2e18eed9c.jpg

Edited by AmerViking

Do you mind if I ask why you would want this graded?

You already know CGC will not authenticate the signature and give it a green label of death and there is a very high chance it will not return as a 9.8. I would understand if it was a childhood comic that had some attachment to it, but this is a new (2016) book.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:55 AM, DougC said:

You already know CGC will not authenticate the signature and give it a green label of death and there is a very high chance it will not return as a 9.8. I would understand if it was a childhood comic that had some attachment to it, but this is a new (2016) book.

Because I like this book and I do not want to take a chance of something happening to it. 

On 1/20/2024 at 8:47 PM, BeardedBubba said:

The signature won’t hurt the grade but it will get a green label.  You don’t have to select the green label when submitting.  They’ll assign the correct label.

Thank you for clarifying this for me. I appreciate it. 

On 1/21/2024 at 7:35 AM, AmerViking said:

Because I like this book and I do not want to take a chance of something happening to it. 

Put it in a modern size bag with an appropriately matched backing board, store it in a cool, dry place where there is minimal chance of something falling onto it or otherwise impacting it, and it will be fine. 

On 1/21/2024 at 1:55 AM, DougC said:

You already know CGC will not authenticate the signature and give it a green label of death 

Yea..

I would never submit signed books, to CGC.

CGC slabs for $50 offer no more protection than a mylar, backing board, and a top loader at one tenth the cost,  You don't have to worry about two trips through the mail and the whole grading process.