• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 94 raw. What grade to expect with half inch color breaking spine tick/stress?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

It's not mine yet but my LCS has this raw copy. Any opinions based on just the front cover? Corners are not rounded or worn. Weird looking top left is glare. Plastic wrap at the bottom of the plastic holder. Big spine tick/crease by nefaria's head a big ding against good grade? Locally I have a few options, slabs ranging from 6.5 to 8.5 in addition to this one.

IMG20240120161749.jpg

Edited by 360flip

On 1/21/2024 at 9:51 AM, Chris Faison said:

Agree with Shadroch on this one.  That big spine tick will probably hold this one back to around a 7-7.5.  $100 extra for a graded 8.5 is easy money..

On 1/21/2024 at 9:39 AM, shadroch said:

mycomicshop has a CGC 8.5 for $1100.   I'd go for that before the one in the photo.

Thanks. That is also in Canadian dollars which is $744 usd. That spine tick is pretty big.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:15 AM, shadroch said:

I've seen a lot of those books color-touched so beware.

Cool.  Now I have to look up how to spot color touching 🕵️‍ color bleeding through etc

Edited by 360flip