• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con 2024 - Charlotte NC - June 14-16 - ONSITE GRADING - Second Wave of Guests Announced! Adam Hughes, Jim Steranko, more!
6 6

99 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2024 at 4:07 PM, cms1 said:

Does anyone know if the convention center has a coat check where you can drop bags off?

I’m not aware of one. Most people drag their stuff with them. Some even bring carts to the show. 

I should be there on Saturday, with the 2 of my grandkids, the wife and my Dad, who is out visiting.  Hopefully I'll be able to get everything done that I need to get done at work Friday and I can stop by Friday afternoon to do my shopping.  If not, I can hopefully pick up some books Saturday, but with the grandkids and the wife, will make it harder.

Psy

On 6/5/2024 at 6:52 PM, jasonmoore said:

Hey everyone,

I'm a comic book inker/artist and I have a few of my own comics that I'm thinking about getting graded on-site at HeroesCon but I am completely unfamiliar with the grading process as I've never submitted a book of my own for grading and have never done an on-site grading at a convention.

I did a variant cover for Army of Darkness: Forever #1 that is only available for purchase through me and I have a trade dress version limited to 400 copies and a "virgin" variant limited to only 100 copies.

I'm not a grader by any means, but I do have a couple copies of each book that I think could be candidates for 9.8s that I would like to submit.

Since these are my variant covers, I'd also like to sign the copies that I submit as well and have those verified as I sign them during submission or how ever that is handled.

Being a total noobie to this entire process, what would you suggest I do in order to make this process the smoothest and easiest with me signing them as well?

Sorry for what is probably a very obvious process for everyone that does this all of the time LOL

Thanks!

Jason Moore

Hey Jason-

As I suspected the onsite grading is bonkers-- the line is worse than you can imagine.

As a pro myself- I've signed up with CGC which gives me an account and allows me to submit anything I've signed to get a confirmed yellow label.  It was a little bit of a process, and like SDCC when they are giving you passes, they check your credentials, so make sure you have links to your published work.

Once approved you no longer need a CGC Witness at your booth provided your fans don't mind sending the books in through you.  We use a third party vintage dealer who handles all of ours.

I'm sure @CGC Mike could point you in the right direction.