• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have any luck with Metropolis "Make an Offer"?
3 3

56 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 6:45 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I contacted Metropolis about the concerns that have been mentioned in this thread.

They said the best way to get a reply from them is to offer at least 110 percent of their asking price.

Problem solved ! ! !

Offer 125% and get free shipping and insurance too!

On 1/27/2024 at 6:30 PM, comicstock said:

Many years ago they had a Skyman #4 raw graded 8.5.

I called and asked for a discount and they said they'd give free shipping but that was it.

That was fine and i bought the book.

I sent it into CGC and got it back as a 9.0.

I guess that worked out okay...:smile:

Do they just call everything VF+?

Mine came back 7.0.

On 1/31/2024 at 10:16 AM, sledgehammer said:

Do they just call everything VF+?

Mine came back 7.0.

I have only had one book come back graded less than their raw grade out of probably 25+ books I have bought from them and then graded and that one came back one full grade point lower than advertised (7.0 vs 8.0). I've had 2 or 3 get 9.6's graded at VF+ or VF/NM. Most others have hit right on the mark or the next grade level higher. Of course, there may be bias on my part of only sending in the books that I thought looked as good or better than their grade too. I have sent a few back that I believed were too far off the mark for my preferences. Never had a problem with their customer service and communication.

On 1/28/2024 at 9:14 PM, Silver Surfer said:

Undisclosed trimming that was blatantly obvious, all four sides. Pretty sure they knew that but neglected to mention it on their listing. Take your chances. 

They trimmed the spine?

On 1/29/2024 at 9:05 AM, Hudson said:

Thank you, sir.  As per your suggestion, I just sent them an email.   Hoping for the best.  :popcorn:

Three more days have passed.  :popcorn:

On 1/31/2024 at 9:52 PM, Silver Surfer said:
On 1/31/2024 at 11:46 AM, buttock said:

They trimmed the spine?

Sorry meant to say all 3 sides, lol. It was such an annoying experience. 

I have an original owner (:acclaim:) ASM 122 with plenty of pieces sticking out from the spine that could be trimmed if I wanted to.

:fear:

On 1/31/2024 at 3:48 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I bought a low raw grade AF #15 from them with make an offer over a decade ago. They said 2.0 and it came out 2.0 when certified. Don't know about now.  This was like 2010. 

Hope you sold it in 2021 at the peak ‼️👍💰🏆💰💰💰💰

On 2/5/2024 at 5:35 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Hope you sold it in 2021 at the peak ‼️👍💰🏆💰💰💰💰

Definitely. Good timing, but I miss having it.

It was a low grade. Hope to get back in the club again with a mid - grade. Into this AI thing. It might take a few years. We see how it goes. 

On 2/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, Hudson said:

:news:

In order to be fair, I thought I should say Strephanie from Metropolis emailed me yesterday (02/05/2024).

...and, did you get a resolution to your inquiry?

On 2/6/2024 at 11:08 PM, Jaylam said:

...and, did you get a resolution to your inquiry?

Unfortunately, the book has now been sold, although Stephanie stated she could put it in my want list in case they come across another copy. 

Edited by Hudson