• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plustek A320E CCD Scanner Settings
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm scanning CGC slabs with my Plustek A320E CCD scanner. I am using default scanner settings.

I'm getting quite a few slabs that have a weird green tint in the photo after scanning. I am wondering what settings everyone else is using? Thanks!

incredible-hullk-340-cgc-6_0.png

secret-wars-4-cgc-9_8.png

You may want to check this thread, too.  I was set to buy an A320E for the new year, but as soon as the new year started, they jacked up the price by $100.  I'm sure they'll give a $50 or $100 coupon on Amazon to make me think I'm saving a lot. >:(

Today I noticed the same sort of strange behavior with scans of modern books that just came back from CGC.  There is now a reflective glow up towards the label where3 before it scanned perfectly fine.

I believe they have changed the material on the inner bag or something. My PlusTek works fine on older slabs I have but these new ones (again) have a problem.

Kind of makes you want to pay the the $5.00 per book for the high res scans. (Or maybe that's their plan).  Will post an update if I'm able to figure this out.

Shannon

2024-04-17-19-40-47-01.jpg

On 4/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, NORRELL said:

Today I noticed the same sort of strange behavior with scans of modern books that just came back from CGC.  There is now a reflective glow up towards the label where3 before it scanned perfectly fine.

I believe they have changed the material on the inner bag or something. My PlusTek works fine on older slabs I have but these new ones (again) have a problem.

Kind of makes you want to pay the the $5.00 per book for the high res scans. (Or maybe that's their plan).  Will post an update if I'm able to figure this out.

Shannon

CGC4410956-012_OBV.jpg

CGC4410956-012_REV.jpg

On 4/17/2024 at 6:49 PM, NORRELL said:

Shannon

I think if you look up modern certs or recent as end of last year or so, cgc has a scan under the cert number....

That is if I'm reading correctly that it is the "newer slabs" that are "hard to scan?

On 4/17/2024 at 6:54 PM, Pitboss said:

CGC4410956-012_OBV.jpg

CGC4410956-012_REV.jpg

Lol that was my next venture for him, teach a man to fish and all that lol

Glad you posted up though! ^^