• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For All Mankind
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Started watching this about 4 days ago, and couldn't stop. Currently viewing episode 8 (The Sands of Ares) of season 3. The revisionist history is convincing because the writers have carefully sprinkled real events throughout the plot twists in every season. Highly recommend this series!

Based on these posts, my father and I started watching this last night. I had no information about the show except "NASA" and was pleasantly surprised and intrigued with the first few episodes.

On 1/28/2024 at 3:48 AM, silverseeker said:

While I thought season 4 was not quite as strong as seasons 1-3 I still loved it and am looking forward to season 5, assuming the show gets renewed...

100%, so far, as I'm only up to Episode 3 of S4. Very slow getting out of the gate this season (although the asteroid disaster in E1 was a fun watch). Hope it picks up in E4.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:38 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

100%, so far, as I'm only up to Episode 3 of S4. Very slow getting out of the gate this season (although the asteroid disaster in E1 was a fun watch). Hope it picks up in E4.

Finished season 4 yesterday. It picked up a little, but fell short (IMHO) of what seasons 1-3 accomplished. S4 seemed to spend too much time on how politics (global and local) divides us. Not to say that message should not have been immersed in the plot - just wished it was less so, and spent more time on the space aspect. Which brings me to S5 (if it will be renewed): what will the focus be? As S5 will be at a point that is close to our own timeline, why not focus on some discoveries James Webb could make? What if Webb discovered an authentic sign of intelligent life elsewhere? The transition from revisionist history to potential future (predictive sci-fi) could move the show into a more speculative approach to our history in space.

We are into season 2 and I'll tell you, the acting is absolutely amazing. Lightyears above anything that's on network television.

It's funny how Kinnaman is entirely forgettable in schlock like the Suicide Squad movies and yet he is completely riveting here.

I'm also really impressed on how the show can weave through so many different sub-plots and character developments seamlessly and smoothly.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Just watched the season finale to Season 2 last night.

I'm completely blown away by the acting and story. This is one of the best shows I've ever watched, and maybe the best drama.

When...

Spoiler

They find Gordo and Trace dead in the old galley/airlock, I nearly lost it. I was just overwhelmed with sadness. That speaks to how well they developed the characters and how much they got you to care about them.

YES! Just announced today the show is renewed for Season 5 AND the showrunners are doing a spinoff show called "Star City" that will detail the development of the Russian space program. No word on which one will come out first, or when. Great news!!!