• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graded 10 mint yet holder is 9.5
1 1

8 posts in this topic

A card that was graded last year for MTG came back on the list and individual grading information as 10 mint get the holder that it’s in is for a 9.5 grade.  This was before they started the four designations listed for each card so all you get is a overall grading. How does this get corrected?

A 9.5 on the old blue label is equal to a Gem Mint 10 on the new label. They all were converted in the system to Gem Mint 10 (pop reports, registry, etc.). If you want a label that says Gem Mint 10, you'll have to submit for reholder service.

Note that if you submit a card for reholder that has subgrades, those would be removed as they don't do subgrades anymore.

• Administrator
On 1/28/2024 at 12:21 PM, katldog said:

A card that was graded last year for MTG came back on the list and individual grading information as 10 mint get the holder that it’s in is for a 9.5 grade.  This was before they started the four designations listed for each card so all you get is a overall grading. How does this get corrected?

Cyclonus11 is correct. If your card has the old blue label graded as a 9.5, then it's now a Gem Mint 10 and that would be reflected in our system as well. It's not necessary to re-submit the card for a new holder with the new label, unless you want to. 

On 1/29/2024 at 6:56 AM, cyclonus11 said:

A 9.5 on the old blue label is equal to a Gem Mint 10 on the new label. They all were converted in the system to Gem Mint 10 (pop reports, registry, etc.). If you want a label that says Gem Mint 10, you'll have to submit for reholder service.

Note that if you submit a card for reholder that has subgrades, those would be removed as they don't do subgrades anymore.

several of my cards came back as 9.5 - does that mean they’re all automatically now a 10 mint?

BTW, thank you guys for taking the time to read and respond to my queries. I do appreciate it.

Lynda

• Administrator
On 1/29/2024 at 12:28 PM, katldog said:

several of my cards came back as 9.5 - does that mean they’re all automatically now a 10 mint?

BTW, thank you guys for taking the time to read and respond to my queries. I do appreciate it.

Lynda

Any card that has the old blue label and is graded 9.5 is now a Gem Mint 10. Below is an example of the old blue label for you. If you're not sure, you can use our certification look up tool, which will pull up the card information in our system. Here's a link to that tool:

https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/

image.png

Ty.  My nephew will be thrilled because he purchased a few cards that were 9.5. He wanted me to list them in my registry, but I didn’t pay for them to be graded or buy them, so I don’t know if that should be set in my registry

• Administrator
On 2/2/2024 at 5:20 PM, katldog said:

Ty.  My nephew will be thrilled because he purchased a few cards that were 9.5. He wanted me to list them in my registry, but I didn’t pay for them to be graded or buy them, so I don’t know if that should be set in my registry

Always nice to find out your card is a higher grade than you thought! :) 

Yes, it's OK to add your nephew's cards to your registry, but keep in mind that they can only be in one person's registry so if he's planning to join then you would need to remove the cards so he can add them to his registry.