• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Files Lawsuit Against Employees
30 30

672 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 1:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

After that, there should be some type of flagging for any order that is not processed within a certain amount of time.   If a book is not graded in a certain amount of time they should look to make sure the book is still there and did not mysteriously walk off. 

I had been under the impression that a couple of years ago, after CGC made changes and added employees, that all books from a certain point on were handled by the new procedures and began to be processed in a timely fashion, and the earlier backlog was worked at as time permitted, or something to that effect. This created normal TAT's on some, going forward, and very late TAT's on the ones that were already late. If that were true, windows for shenanigans would begin to emerge. That was all hearsay, so I'm just putting it out there. It may have been discussed in the TAT Thead. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 2/4/2024 at 12:07 PM, comix4fun said:

That exculpates him from all responsibility for his own words and actions.  It seems it’s his own postings that hold the biggest grudge against him, because that’s where the suspensions come from. 

There are 20 reports upon him.

CGC must release at a minimum the identities and certification numbers of the seven comics that were stolen and then encapsulated with stolen labels sporting much higher grades than the stolen books deserved, and then sold at auction.  They should also ask owners of these slabs to send them back to CGC in exchange for full value of the books as per their fraudulent grade, plus shipping cost and a reward for the sender.

Edited by namisgr

On 2/4/2024 at 1:35 PM, namisgr said:

CGC must release at a minimum the identities and certification numbers of the seven comics that were stolen and then encapsulated with stolen labels sporting much higher grades than the stolen books deserved, and then sold at auction.  They should also ask owners of these slabs to send them back to CGC in exchange for full value of the books as per their fraudulent grade, plus shipping cost and a reward for the sender.

When the Ewert scandal first broke wind, there were many who were demanding transparency from CGC. It wasn't immediately forthcoming, as they were striving to make a complete accounting of all affected. Eventually, the supposedly complete list of every tainted serial number was provided, and recompense was made available to anyone who may have been compromised. This will likely be a similar affair. CGC has done 110% on more than one occasion. They're still my heroes :x GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 2/4/2024 at 9:56 AM, JollyComics said:

Roy is suspended again?  So many people hold grudges against him, I guess.

He "liked" my drunken pubic hair post yesterday...,

On 2/3/2024 at 2:30 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

When I first saw the court filing naming the defendants yesterday (Brandon and Ayana Terrazas), I looked them both up on Social Media out of curiousity. Found 'em...but then both their profiles were deleted later in the day. Probably getting bombarded by lots of angry collectors! :tonofbricks:

I dont get how dumb these people could be. The number of charges they are facing along with their lives being ruined..grand felony . They very well could see jail time for up to 15 years for comic books.

They had a job, a good job too.

Unbelievable. 

On 2/4/2024 at 8:41 AM, buttock said:

I'm not surprised to see something like this happen, any business is vulnerable to people trying to pull a scam one way or another.  

HOWEVER, that's why you put safeguards in place.  And the biggest safeguard CGC had was a strict policy on employees not being able to deal in CGC graded books at all.  Once they opened that door, and I'm not sure when that was, they essentially invited someone to come do something like this.  If there is anything I would want to see come out of this, it's that CGC employees are unable to buy, sell, or submit to CGC with no exceptions.

A problem with that is you are asking people to forgo a passion of theirs- collecting comics for a job.  Some sort of restrictions are needed, but a total ban isn't a good idea, imho.

On 2/4/2024 at 11:10 AM, Gator Guru said:

I dont get how dumb these people could be. The number of charges they are facing along with their lives being ruined..grand felony . They very well could see jail time for up to 15 years for comic books.

They had a job, a good job too.

Unbelievable. 

When I scam out of the hobby, I'll be looking for the death penalty. :sumo:

On 2/4/2024 at 1:13 PM, lizards2 said:

When I scam out of the hobby, I'll be looking for the death penalty. :sumo:

Public hanging, firing squad, or tree shredder??

Edited by DR.X