• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foreign sets

35 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2024 at 10:09 AM, jstam said:

@Dennis gitlin The books that correspond to the Foreign title slots have been corrected in our database. They were incorrectly named, as you pointed out. They've all been re-named to Secret Wars 8 with the respective, correct country applied under the Edition. Your labels reflect this correction. Those books can be added to the highlighted slots that are in the set. So the books themselves are not being removed from the set; they of course have a place. Only the incorrectly named, duplicate slots will be removed. 

image.pngimage.png

Ah gotcha, how about books that don’t have the cover but contain the story how will those be handled? 

• Administrator

@Dennis gitlin If the sets currently in place are focused on the covers only, I think those should be treated as Cover Sets. I can build a new Competitive set that includes the books with the covers as well as the actual story material. Once the new set and slot request form goes live, you can send over the certs for the books you're referring to and I can get something built for you.

On 2/7/2024 at 11:00 AM, jstam said:

@Dennis gitlin If the sets currently in place are focused on the covers only, I think those should be treated as Cover Sets. I can build a new Competitive set that includes the books with the covers as well as the actual story material. Once the new set and slot request form goes live, you can send over the certs for the books you're referring to and I can get something built for you.

Awesome! If you guys need any help with foreigns going forward let me know!

• Administrator

@Dennis gitlin I'm really happy with the expanding presence of these sets on the Registry. I've seen a good share of very active collectors join up recently and it's great. Looking forward to the Awards cycle where these sets will be recognized in their own category for the first time. 

On 2/7/2024 at 12:40 PM, jstam said:

@Dennis gitlin I'm really happy with the expanding presence of these sets on the Registry. I've seen a good share of very active collectors join up recently and it's great. Looking forward to the Awards cycle where these sets will be recognized in their own category for the first time. 

That’s awesome!! I’ve been researching and collecting foreign editions for about 5 years now, it’s whole different animal as far as collecting goes 

• Administrator

@Dennis gitlin I wholeheartedly agree. This is something that will be addressed in one large sweep by our developers, but in the meantime I'll look into these because that seems off. There have been a few glitches lately and this may be related.

On 2/20/2024 at 5:46 PM, jstam said:

@Dennis gitlin I wholeheartedly agree. This is something that will be addressed in one large sweep by our developers, but in the meantime I'll look into these because that seems off. There have been a few glitches lately and this may be related.

Yeah for sure

• Administrator

@Dennis gitlin I'm working going to get points adjusted across the entire Registry with our developers. For now, I wouldn't worry too much about this because it will all be addressed at one time. 

On 2/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, jstam said:

If there have truly been glitches and not some points adjustment, Idk if you can track it but, my points dropped by 200 points within 7 days ago with no explanation....

I have too many sets and none of the totals memorized to realize what book or set dropped (shrug)

I've added books and sold books since then, so it might be confusing, but it was when my score was like 86,550 or 86500 and dropped to 86200 and something....

:( I don't know if that is somehow tracked on your end? @jstam

• Administrator

@ADAMANTIUM I've submitted a couple of tickets with our developers to address some glitches, and I'm hoping that they can look into it in a timely manner. I know the difficulty for them comes from being able to recreate these kinds of situations so that they can locate the bug at the root of the glitch, which I suspect will be hard to do in these instances.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much about points at this time. They will be addressed in one large sweep so individual adjustments really aren't necessary because they'll all change once that happens anyway. When it comes to the Awards and rankings, etc., the judges panel look at so many different factors in the data, completion and presentation being primary areas of focus.

On 2/26/2024 at 2:03 PM, jstam said:

@ADAMANTIUM I've submitted a couple of tickets with our developers to address some glitches, and I'm hoping that they can look into it in a timely manner. I know the difficulty for them comes from being able to recreate these kinds of situations so that they can locate the bug at the root of the glitch, which I suspect will be hard to do in these instances.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much about points at this time. They will be addressed in one large sweep so individual adjustments really aren't necessary because they'll all change once that happens anyway. When it comes to the Awards and rankings, etc., the judges panel look at so many different factors in the data, completion and presentation being primary areas of focus.

Bless you 💞🙏