• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the status of the HUGH JACKMAN signing ?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

There used to be a thread here and I can't find it anymore.  It's been over a year.  No updates from CGC  - just passing the back to Celebrity Authentics.  In the mean time, I've missed the opportunity to get my Woverine #1 signed my Miller, Claremont. - Twice !!

Honestly -- CGC should cancel the signing and resolicit the event if it ever gets scheduled again.

S-Man -- they've told me multiple different dates multiple times for multiple excuses. Mostly they throw Celebrity Authentics under the bus and say it's their problem and that CGC is absolved of any responsibility in the matter.

All I know - I sent my book to CGC.  CGC took my money.  CGC isn't compensating anyone for the excessive delays.  CGC isn't communicating with their customers about it in any professional manner - I mean just post an update once in a while "we apologize for the continued delay...".  CGC won't allow me to have the book sent to other signings while they have possession of it.  It's just locked away in the Hugh Jackman closet.  So, I'm just wanting to know when he's coming out of the closet. 

(lol)

Edited by PDidds

Did you contact CA?  That is who has my books and sent me the confirmations.

It's kinda outta CGC's hands at this point.  Celebrity Authentics is the one who is hosting this event, not CGC, so it kinda makes sense that they would refer you to CA.  I actually just chatted with someone at CA a few minutes ago and he told me that Hugh is "currently confirmed to complete his signing at the end of March". Not sure if that means he's "actually" confirmed to sign in March or if that is just another generic delay statement.  But, at any rate, that is the latest update from CA.  I do agree that CGC should also be providing regular updates as well instead of leaving customers wondering what the heck is going on.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:23 PM, rdgray71 said:

currently confirmed to complete his signing at the end of March

thx for the update @rdgray71 - I thought it was scheduled for the end of February - not particularly surprising that it was delayed, but yeah, would be nice to be in the loop instead of feeling like you just sent a book into limbo for 6 months.

On 2/26/2024 at 1:34 AM, PDidds said:

If CGC had  any pull with CA -- They'd get something in blood and stone from HUGH JACKAMN and commit him to appear with the big 50th Anniversary group signing with Miller and Claremont etc

They should have kept submissions open for longer if they knew his date was not going to be set in stone. This may be the only time to get his signature for awhile.

Idk if this helps at all but I preordered a book from CA for this signing and it was a year ago. on december 5th 2023 I got an email from CA saying:

Everyone's patience will soon be rewarded as Hugh Jackman has confirmed that he will be completing his signing with us in February (he wraps shooting Deadpool 3 late January).  Hugh has said this would be his ONLY signing with all of his proceeds being donated to charity.  Get ready to take your collection to the next level with Hugh Jackman!”

On 3/12/2024 at 6:40 PM, A-DONIS said:

Hearing LATE MARCH now....

Just spoke to CA and they told me late March to early April.  Last time it was Feb/Mar, so hopeful this time they are correct.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:16 AM, Gator Guru said:

They should have kept submissions open for longer if they knew his date was not going to be set in stone. This may be the only time to get his signature for awhile.

They generally don’t set a date until all submissions are in because they don’t know how much time it will take until they know how many submissions there are, so they can plan for transport (if needed), staffing, room, payment, and other logistical issues.

For a big movie star (and really most celebrities), 1 hr vs 3 hrs vs 8 hrs is a huge difference in planning.

Also this is not an excuse that excuses all the delays and lack of communication 

Edited by revat

On 3/13/2024 at 1:41 PM, revat said:

They generally don’t set a date until all submissions are in because they don’t know how much time it will take until they know how many submissions there are, so they can plan for transport (if needed), staffing, room, payment, and other logistical issues.

For a big movie star (and really most celebrities), 1 hr vs 3 hrs vs 8 hrs is a huge difference in planning.

Also this is not an excuse that excuses all the delays and lack of communication 

All the submissions have been sent in well ahead of the deadline.

I don't think CA ever got a hard day for the signing.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:26 AM, PDidds said:

I have it on good authority that Hugh will be signing this month.  My source is very very reliable.  

Got Final GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

On 4/10/2024 at 9:26 AM, PDidds said:

I have it on good authority that Hugh will be signing this month.  My source is very very reliable.  

Was it this guy?

image.png.d9c657ea47dfb92fc1f383e346aa4bdc.png

On 4/12/2024 at 9:22 PM, s-man said:

Was it this guy?

image.png.d9c657ea47dfb92fc1f383e346aa4bdc.png

I can not reveal my source at risk of my source no longer being my source (if they got burned).  But the Hugh signing is supposed to take place prior to the 50th Wolverine signing event.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:28 PM, PDidds said:

I can not reveal my source at risk of my source no longer being my source (if they got burned).  But the Hugh signing is supposed to take place prior to the 50th Wolverine signing event.

It happened!!!!!!