• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't you turn your back on me!
4 4

52 posts in this topic

On 2/15/2024 at 9:35 AM, Westy Steve said:

One of our member's expressed to me how much editors tried to discourage this type of cover because it didn't provide the recognizable features of the character, which, in-turn, could translate into loss of sales.  That makes sense to me.  

On 2/15/2024 at 10:16 AM, wardevil0 said:

The premise is demonstrated by the Brazilian and Spanish versions on the bottom row...

20220408_193248.jpg

It does seem that Spider-Man is the exception to the rule... at least in USA.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, grendel013 said:

I think there are a few characters who are so recognizable as to be immune.  Spidey's red and blue suit is just as eye-catching and distinctive either way.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:39 PM, wardevil0 said:
On 2/15/2024 at 6:03 PM, grendel013 said:

I think there are a few characters who are so recognizable as to be immune.  Spidey's red and blue suit is just as eye-catching and distinctive either way.

Next is probably hulk, but like you said he's always turned with an aggressive stance to smash, whether facing front or with his back turned. Again like you said he's all green so not as distinct lol #162 kinda comes to mind.