• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blue or Green?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have two Golden age books that are in the FR - G/VG- area that in one case, the back cover is missing thus the front cover is detached & the other has pieces missing inside the book that affects the story. 

I was wondering, since they are low graded & also GA would they receive a Green or a Blue label?  

I'm sure many already know this answer & I apologize if this has been addressed clearly somewhere else. 

Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello!

First I want to confirm we will need these books in hand to review. However you can learn about these defects/questions and more in our CGC Grading Guide (here). 

For the book missing the cover, Comics missing the front OR back cover receive a 0.5 grade. If the entire cover is missing it would receive an NG (No Grade) designation. Missing covers will not receive a qualified label UNLESS married parts are present. 

Missing Pieces from a cover will not garner a qualified grade but if there is missing pieces internally we will need the book in hand to review. 

I hope this helps!~