• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman question

10 posts in this topic

At this point, I don't think it will ever change. I mean, what kind of story could you do that would make the change back very interesting? I guess I could see it happening in a story similar to House of M. The world returned and she never remembered Peter revealing it to her (discovering it). If it does return, it would be with a creative team that wanted to "return to the basics". Since I haven't heard of Stracin#$#Ski leaving anytime in the near future, it probably won't be for a while.

Pat

Ok as a Spidy fan I understand Ant May not knowing is pretty vital to the series. I can futher understand people wanting her to know about Peter. The thing I can't understand is how Ant May found out when she died about a 100 issues back boo.gif They just started writing her in as if she never left.

Ok as a Spidy fan I understand Ant May not knowing is pretty vital to the series. I can futher understand people wanting her to know about Peter. The thing I can't understand is how Ant May found out when she died about a 100 issues back boo.gif They just started writing her in as if she never left.

The aunt may who knew who spiderman was who died in Amazing Spider-Man 400 was not the real Aunt May. It was an actress who was made to look like her. It was all part of Norman Osborn (who wasnt really dead either)'s master plan. Eventually the real Aunt May was realeased from Norman's kidnapping, and the real Aunt May didn't know who Spiderman really was untill she found out around issue v2 35.

Also when Spiderman found out that "May" might still be alive he was convinced it was his daughter May who he thought died at child birth. He broke into where "May" was being held and was shocked to find his Aunt still alive instead of his daughter.

The aunt may who knew who spiderman was who died in Amazing Spider-Man 400 was not the real Aunt May. It was an actress who was made to look like her. It was all part of Norman Osborn (who wasnt really dead either)'s master plan. Eventually the real Aunt May was realeased from Norman's kidnapping, and the real Aunt May didn't know who Spiderman really was untill she found out around issue v2 35.

And all cr@p for anyone who's followed the character over the years...

I'm a big supporter of the "Aunt May is integral" to the whole SM mythos crowd. I didn't think her death was warranted. I also thought her death lessened the character of SM and the whole "clone" excuse still leaves a very bitter taste. Coming up with the she "knows" storyline lessened the mythos as well...

I don't think the writers then, or now, realize this key factor to SM's appeal. Until they fix this dynamic, SM will always seem like "another" disposable character in the Marvel Universe with nothing to make it unique, And that, my Forum friends, is what made Marvel characters great...

Jim

Also when Spiderman found out that "May" might still be alive he was convinced it was his daughter May who he thought died at child birth. He broke into where "May" was being held and was shocked to find his Aunt still alive instead of his daughter.

Thanks for clearing all that up acclaim.gifinsane.gif

Hold on there, I stopped reading the spidey titles when i thought it was revamped from the beginning, something like "heroes reborn". Is this universe still running? (it sounds like the norman osborn being revealed never have died and was behind the clone saga still continues?) hopefully this post makes sense to someone ...

Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Knights Spider-Man and Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man all continue the same Marvel Universe continuity that had the Clone Saga, the revived Norman Osborn, etc. So yes, it is still running.

Ultimate Spider-Man, launched in 2001, IS an alternate continuity, rebooted from the start.

Okay, I may be the one alive that will say this, but I liked the Clone Saga, initially. It was a pretty cool idea. If Marvel had stuck to their guns and left it that way it could have really been something. But instead, they backed off due to the rabid fanboys and ended up making this terrible hash of writing trying to fix the story. And I think it was cool to kill off on Aunt May, I mean the woman must be nearing 100. When is Peter ever going to grow up and be a man? You don't have to live with your mother all your life! I mean, Peter is suppose to be around 30-35 now. Its about time to retire Aunt May just like Old Yeller. And what ever happened to his baby?! Are we going to ever get the answer to that? There was still a baby on a yacht with the woman who was working for Norman Osborn. Yeah, the yacht exploded, but its comics, that doesn't mean anything.