• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM # 42 COVER ART

43 posts in this topic

http://www.vintagecollectables.net/comic_art_detail.php?art_id=12

Anyone know how much he wants for this ?

gossip.gif

Inquire About This Item:

Call: Bill @ 972-539-9190

whughes199@yahoo.com

makepoint.gif

I offered 100K about a year ago and was turned down : (

I couldn't even tell you. I am not in the estimate business.

Im thinking $150K

That's a big number! I'd say more like 60K. Nicer covers, like the #39, 50, or 51, would command more, of course.

Best,

errrr, Hari. I am telling you,..my offer of 100K was turned down. That is the Gods to honest truth. So,..the fact of the matter is this,...if one wants the piece,..it will clearly take more than 100K.

KK

Im thinking $150K

That's a big number! I'd say more like 60K. Nicer covers, like the #39, 50, or 51, would command more, of course.

Best,

errrr, Hari. I am telling you,..my offer of 100K was turned down. That is the Gods to honest truth. So,..the fact of the matter is this,...if one wants the piece,..it will clearly take more than 100K.

KK

I offered 75K last week and he said he is seriously considering it

Im thinking $150K

Best,

KK

I offered 75K last week and he said he is seriously considering it

It wont happen. I think he takes every offer back to the true owner (the piece is on consignment) for 'processes sake',...but I am telling you the truth,..I offered 100K and was turned down about a year ago.

KK

Maybe its just me, but that cover does not excite me, no matter what the cost is confused-smiley-013.gif

Doesn't do a lot for me, either. Probably due to the fact, with Ditko's departure from the strip, Lee and Romita didn't come up too many notable villains for Spidey (exceptions like the Kingpin come to mind). J Jonah Jameson's son??? Forget it . . . frown.gif

Just because a seller won't sell at a particular price does not mean that a piece is "worth" that amount, especially if nobody will pay that price. There are pieces in my collection that I would not sell for 10x what I paid for them, but that does not make the pieces "worth" that amount.

Im thinking $150K

Best,

KK

Hi KK,

I believe you guys; it just is not worth anywhere near 100K to me personally. Based on what you are Ares just said, it sounds like it would hit at least 75001 on ebay, which is higher than my initial estimate.

Romita did so many nicer covers, so I'm down-valuing this one personally.

Best,

As far as I know the ASM 42 is not for sale at any price. The owner has it up for offers but he really wants to trade it for a better ASM twice up cover. Whenever I've tried to get a price out of this guy I've been informed that he really wants to trade.

As to it's value I'd put it at 50k.

Glen

As far as I know the ASM 42 is not for sale at any price. The owner has it up for offers but he really wants to trade it for a better ASM twice up cover. Whenever I've tried to get a price out of this guy I've been informed that he really wants to trade.

As to it's value I'd put it at 50k.

Glen

Gotta disagree with you & Hari. You guys keep looking at the last sale as the basis for determining worth. At least, I assume you two are allowing the ASM #41 sale at 60K influence your assesment of worth because thats the only way Id be able to come up with a 50K number.

But that is like driving by looking at the rear-view mirror.

If the owner will not sell below 100K which I am reasonably confident he wont,...one needs to come up with the owners price in order for supply to meet demand,...otherwise,..there is no sale price. I am not saying that the owner determine's worth,...but he does have the ability to exert a reasonable influence of price based on his willingness to sell -- and this always trumps the buyers desire to set price. All a buyer can do is throws gobs of cash,...or bags of cash and hope it works,..the owner has something better than cash,..OA !!!

I am pretty confident, however, that the only way this piece gets out of this owners hands is either a trade with a comparabloe or better Cover,...or a price north of 100K,...somewhere between 110K - 150K. No way will this piece ever sell for anything less than 100K,...no way,...I have offered that and been turned down. Moreover,..Ill pay that any day of the week as I remember reading this book at Jones Beach when I was a young KITTEN.

No way will this piece ever sell for anything less than 100K,...no way,...I have offered that and been turned down. Moreover,..Ill pay that any day of the week as I remember reading this book at Jones Beach when I was a young pup.

Dontcha mean you wuz a . . . "young kitten"? wink.gif