• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SMALL SCUFF ON THE CORNER
2 2

27 posts in this topic

just putting this out there...............wouldnt it be wise/smart for CGC to take pictures of the comics they receive, or like mechanics in australia ( not all of them, only high end mechanics whom record car issue, before they work on them to show the owner ), but  record the unboxing of the comics and showcasing what they've recieved.

There does appear to be some light scuffing in bottom right, but I can't tell for sure if it's on comic or the plastic holder. Was this comic dry cleaned? Scuffing can be very light, almost imperceptible, lines in the ink that don't break color. Sometimes dry cleaning that is a little too heavy handed can do it. 

On 3/16/2024 at 6:11 PM, Darthvader23 said:

clearly shows damage was occured  by CGC...........OR DID THEY SWAP OUT MY COMIC FOR ANOTHER. obviously its not one of the most expensive comics on the market.......but we all know the difference between 9.6 value to a 9.8 value. And this is my first shipment of comics to CGC to be graded..............wonder what they'll do to my next lot. 

That is what I am afraid of.

It's hard to trust CGC.   Their graders notes are inconsistent for a long time.

My last submission was June 2023.  Got 8 books back with 6 SAME grader notes.

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

I looked at 6 books.  All defects are different on my books but why did I get the SAME notes for all 6 books?  That's my major concern about their inconsistent notes.

Edited by JollyComics

On 3/2/2024 at 7:08 AM, Darthvader23 said:

Recently received my first batch of CGC graded comics back, and one comic got a 9.6, and in the grader notes, it's states 'it has a small scuff of the front bottom right of cover'.

The back top left would be what the grader was talking about if he had flipped the book over.

image.png.f5efc16bafdeb5dbd7aa3af3dde81949.png

here we go again............cgc state on the rear of my hulk 180 that i just recieved, they state - crease left top of back cover, crease top of back cover. Cant see nothing wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,looks friggen perfect to me. I'm going to go over it when I receive it in hand, and beak it out of it's case, and press the top of the rear cover, like it never been pressed before. I'd get it , if there was a visible crease, but there is nothing wrong with the top of this cover.......it's perfect, or is it CGC have something against australians, and cant give them a good CGC score regardless of what they send in.

CGC4381306-001_REV.jpg