• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PPSSM #1-263, annuals all cgc 9.8
1 1

27 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2024 at 8:41 PM, batman_fan said:

And at a bargain price 

Or crackhead price….hey whatever works! 

On 3/4/2024 at 8:08 AM, lostboys said:

9.8 condition OR BETTER ?

:roflmao:

Looks like 4 of them are 9.9, so yeah...

Looks like the only ones below 9.8 are the 35 cent price variants.  Remember these are already slabbed, so it's not the usual ebay guy saying "never removed from plastic" or whatever delusion.  I suggest anyone who cares enough about PPTSSM to be interested in this already has many of them, which is the downfall of big lots like this.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:23 AM, wardevil0 said:

Looks like the only ones below 9.8 are the 35 cent price variants.  Remember these are already slabbed, so it's not the usual ebay guy saying "never removed from plastic" or whatever delusion.  I suggest anyone who cares enough about PPTSSM to be interested in this already has many of them, which is the downfall of big lots like this.

Yeah but who really cares if an issue of Spectacular Spider Man is a 9.6, 9.8 0r 9.9?

On 3/4/2024 at 11:34 AM, JollyComics said:

I think two books are restored.  It shows two purple cells.

If you're looking at 218 and 223, they're just 9.6s.  He had a formula set up in his spreadsheet to color-code the cells based on grade.

On 3/4/2024 at 5:23 AM, wardevil0 said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:cloud9: :luhv:

I have a lot of nostalgia from buying them off the newsstands and at comic shops and love many of the covers but as far as trying to get them all in 9.8 I could never see the return from collecting them as in the back of my head I was thinking "how many people actually collect PPTSSM???" Left wondering if even breaking even on something that seems to not move too much pricewise upon possibly having to move them later on, I stayed away from Web of and this title but still..... many nice covers.

One hell of a collection at any rate and can't blame someone for going on a fishing expedition. Someone with too much money might pay for the convenience of a full collection that well assembled. Who knows.

A few of my favorite covers other than the obvious Kraven's Last Hunt and early books in the run were:

Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 101 - John Byrne

Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 109 - Full Moon - Night - Spidy - Sin - Posing

Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 116 - Sabretooth - Peter Parker - Spiderman - Prey For Sabretooth - Fight

Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 119 - Richard Buckler

Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 127

On 3/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, wardevil0 said:

If you're looking at 218 and 223, they're just 9.6s.  He had a formula set up in his spreadsheet to color-code the cells based on grade.

I checked them in the registry set.  Both are blue universal.  The owner chose the color that mistook as the restoration.

On 3/4/2024 at 9:22 AM, lostboys said:

Yeah but who really cares if an issue of Spectacular Spider Man is a 9.6, 9.8 0r 9.9?

I have the full set too. Just few 9.8 copies.  I didn't expect to see his unique collection.   I don't have 35 cent variant copies either.

This is my third set after I sold two full sets - no more than $450.