• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do I upload my collection on the CGC website?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I have about 15,000 comic books that I am seeking to sell. But I also have about 4,000 books that I plan to keep. How can I put those books on the CGC website?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to this above stated matter.

Best wishes, please continue to stay safe.

Sincerely,

Kenneth Harrigan

On 3/11/2024 at 10:26 AM, KMHComicWorld said:

I have about 15,000 comic books that I am seeking to sell. But I also have about 4,000 books that I plan to keep. How can I put those books on the CGC website?

Sincerely,

Kenneth Harrigan

Hi, Kenneth,

I'll be happy to help with some suggestions, but I'd first need to know what you're trying to accomplish by "put[ting] those books on the CGC website.”

Are you saying you'd like to offer your 15,000 comics for sale here?  That is an option.  This is a great little online collecting community, and you can sell here for free, but to do so you need to abide by the rules.  

If this is what you're looking for, and you'll abide by the rules, you can post in one of the sales forums.  

Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Are you saying that your 4,000 "keeper" books are graded by CGC, and you'd like to upload them to the CGC registry?  If so, you can get there by navigating to CGC->Registry on this page.

Are you saying that you'd like to submit your books for grading?  There's a guide here.

How to Submit | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Are you looking for something else?  Please be specific, and you'll find people who are willing to help you get started.

Warm regards,

Steve

Edited by SOTIcollector

• Administrator
On 3/13/2024 at 11:41 PM, DougC said:

Also, just for reference you cannot post in the market place until you have 50 posts and pass any other hidden gates imposed but not listed on the website.

Hi

The minimum 50 post count pertains to the want to buy forum.  

Mike

On 3/14/2024 at 6:49 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

The minimum 50 post count pertains to the want to buy forum.  

Mike

Obviously snark aside; that doesn't make sense if the object is to "protect the community" as it is much easier to sell as a scammer than buy. ???

• Administrator
On 3/14/2024 at 8:55 AM, DougC said:

Obviously snark aside; that doesn't make sense if the object is to "protect the community" as it is much easier to sell as a scammer than buy. ???

Prior to the minimum of 50 posts for the WTB section, a scammer would make 1 seemingly legitimate post.  (This is another security action I added, as it prevents 0 post users from sending PM's.)  The scammers immediately head to the WTB section.  After seeing what people wanted, they would swipe images they found on the internet, and PM them along with prices to users here.  I was getting multiple reports each week from forum members to alert me of these scams.  Most saying "something doesn't feel right: or, "I found this image from a past Heritage auction.  This is a scam" Since the 50 post minimum to view the WTB section, I have not seen 1 report for these types of scams.  

The marketplace is different.  The offerings take place in an open setting.  It also has the security in the form of the community probation and HoS lists.  Lots of eyes watching out for scammers. (including me)  Whereas the most transactions for the WTB forum are done privately.  I could go deeper into this but, I think you get the picture.

On 3/11/2024 at 7:26 AM, KMHComicWorld said:

Sincerely,

Kenneth Harrigan

Your post is a bit confusing. You want to sell 11,000 books and keep 4,000.  Which do you want to list, and why?  Are you looking for the Registry, where you list your CGC books, or the sales section to sell your 11,000 books?  There is no place to list non-CGC books you aren't selling.

I suggest you take some time to familiarize yourself with the various board functions and contribute where possible. Sales by contributing members tend to do better than random driveby threads by non-contributors. 

the question is super vague.

But in the event that you're trying to scan and upload the contents of each individual comic into any entity/website owned by CGC, that's not a thing.

Otherwise, good luck.  Consider doing a bit more research about CGC and the forums before asking a more specific question if you still need help.  Also, if its a more procedural question consider contacting cgc customer service representatives.