• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Withdrawn/Resolved
3 3

17 posts in this topic

Party Nominated to Probation List: @ChadH

Purpose: Breaking Board Sales Rules

Relevant Timeline:

-February 24: ChadH posted a Turtlemania Silver for sale in the Copper/Modern sales forum;

-February 28: ChadH dropped the original ask price to entice a sale;

-February 29: I posted the "Take" in the sales thread, and sent a PM to ChadH asking for his Paypal address, with no reply from ChadH; Incidentally, ChadH’s post following my "Take" post was that the book “SOLD SOLD SOLD!!” which I reasonably concluded meant it sold in the thread, to me;

-February 29: The book sold on ebay to another buyer, unbeknownst to me at the time;

-March 3: I posted in the sales thread requesting that ChadH check his PMs, with no reply;

-March 11: I reached out via PM to another board member to inquire if he had heard from ChadH, as I was beginning to worry that something bad happened to Chad. In the conversation we realized that the Turtlemania sold on ebay; I posted the ebay sold link in the original Turtlemania board sales thread;

-March 11: ChadH finally replied to my PM that the book sold on ebay; I asked why it was posted on the boards if it was on ebay, to which ChadH replied: “To try and sell quickly. Didn’t get the offer off rip so I listed it on eBay. When I posted SOLD SOLD SOLD that’s the moment it sold on eBay.”;

-March 11: ChadH additionally confirmed in his sales thread the book sold on ebay, which renders the standard PL 30 day waiting period null and void;

-March 12: ChadH changed his profile avatar to a well-known Game of Thrones image reference, indicating a sarcastic response to those who have mentioned his rule-breaking publicly;

-March 12: I alerted ChadH via PM that he will be nominated to the Probation List, with a recommendation to resolve the issue (see below);

Commentary: If ChadH simply let me know immediately that the book sold on ebay and expressed some mild regret that he caused confusion then I would have shrugged and moved on. Leaving me hanging for over two weeks, typing insulting comments in his sales thread, and demonstrating zero contrition indicates a potentially problematic personality that should be prevented from selling in future sales threads on the boards. ChadH stated that he was unaware of the rules for selling on the boards. Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable defense. This rationale also becomes thin when considering the aggressively defensive posture, including changing of his avatar.

Remedy to be Removed from Probation List: The Turtlemania Silver book is sold to an innocent party on ebay so that specific book is gone. The book is rare enough that finding an alternative copy to sell to me isn’t practical. A nominal donation to the Hero Initiative would be satisfactory.

COMIC CREATORS IN NEED HERO INITIATIVE

Edited by Ryan.

On 3/12/2024 at 10:53 AM, Ryan. said:

-February 29: I posted the "Take" in the sales thread, and sent a PM to ChadH asking for his Paypal address, with no reply from ChadH; Incidentally, ChadH’s post following my "Take" post was that the book “SOLD SOLD SOLD!!” which I reasonably concluded meant it sold in the thread, to me;

I was following the same thread for the "Turtlemania" book, and I thought the same, the "SOLD SOLD SOLD" was a confirmation @Ryan. had successfully claimed the book. You have my vote on the nomination and proposed resolution.

Edited by comicguy77002

On 3/12/2024 at 12:28 PM, Ryan. said:

Chad has reached out to me via PM, apologized and made a nice donation to the Hero Initiative, which remedies the probation nomination. Therefore, I am withdrawing the nomination. Obviously, others are free to retain their own opinion.

How much was the donation? Did he give until it hurt and then give some more?

On 3/12/2024 at 12:28 PM, Ryan. said:

Chad has reached out to me via PM, apologized and made a nice donation to the Hero Initiative, which remedies the probation nomination. Therefore, I am withdrawing the nomination. Obviously, others are free to retain their own opinion.

Well done, gents. :applause:

On 3/12/2024 at 3:00 PM, seanfingh said:

Also, don't forget. some of you need to get laid or get real jobs.

I don’t care what list you put me on. Once I sign off again I won’t be back on. Some of yall either need to get laid or get real jobs. It’s not that deep. Have a good one.  ChadH

Yeah, but you left out the part where he said to have a good one!  (shrug)

On 3/12/2024 at 2:00 PM, seanfingh said:

I don’t care what list you put me on. Once I sign off again I won’t be back on. Some of yall either need to get laid or get real jobs. It’s not that deep. Have a good one.  ChadH

I'm hoping to go two for two by the end of the year :wishluck: possibly two birds with one bone stone

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 3/12/2024 at 12:00 PM, seanfingh said:

I do have a real job, and I'm always willing to get laid.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:19 PM, Point Five said:

Yeah, but you left out the part where he said to have a good one!  (shrug)

I already have a good one. I need a longer one.