• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Point Advice Phantom Lady/Spirit/Showcase
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Need some help here. Unfortunately all my knowledge(and all that still amounts to not very much) fall into silver age books and I recently acquired these to sell. The rarity and lack of sales do not help matters much. So I was looking for some advice as far as pricing and/or any info on these particular books that might help me out along the way. Also..not sure if I can do this here so please let me know if I should remove this part but if there is any interest out there to purchase please drop me a message below or inbox. 

Thanks!

Phantom Lady #23 4.0

Spirit #22 5.5

Showcase #22 6.5(restored)

20240314_234130_0000.jpg

On 3/15/2024 at 12:44 AM, ComicsGalore said:

Need some help here. Unfortunately all my knowledge(and all that still amounts to not very much) fall into silver age books and I recently acquired these to sell. The rarity and lack of sales do not help matters much. So I was looking for some advice as far as pricing and/or any info on these particular books that might help me out along the way. Also..not sure if I can do this here so please let me know if I should remove this part but if there is any interest out there to purchase please drop me a message below or inbox. 

Thanks!

Phantom Lady #23 4.0

Spirit #22 5.5

Showcase #22 6.5(restored)

20240314_234130_0000.jpg

Yeah, we're not supposed to discuss pricing for owner's books here, but I think I can offer some advice without discussing your specific books or their values. Best advice I can offer if you don't subscribe to an analysis site like GoCollect or GPAnalysis is to log into an auction site like Heritage Auctions (HA) which provides sales histories of comics and search the specific titles and grades taking note of the most recent auctions to give you current trends. Otherwise, I'd suggest investing in a 2023 Overstreet Price Guide keeping in mind that the actual prices listed are very conservative (low) for grades and don't keep pace with rapidly changing market trends.  Hope this helps! (thumbsu

:cheers:

Classic books!

Cat’s advice is spot on. In 50 active years in the hobby, I am constantly surprised at what books like this sell for. Shocked sometimes. Therefore, I have a very hard time pricing books to sell out right.

My advice on books like this is to send them to a large auction house. Let the market set the price. Sure, you will have to negotiate the fees but you will get the most serious people looking. They will go for what they should and I suspect you will be very happy with the result.