• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show--Sunday, April 7!

16 posts in this topic

We are back! Tim and I will be putting on our latest comics-only show, full of back issues galore. Had to do a Sunday this time, likely our only Sunday show of the year.

As always, lots of free parking, near the highway and close to North Berkeley BART. Early bird $15 11 am to noon, $10 noon to five.

Details: berkeleycomicshow.com

Vendors include A-1, Worlds of Wonder, Heroes, Champion, Bud Plant, Steve Wyatt, Gary Carter, and myself. Full list will be posted in a few days. Includes a few new vendors doing their first show ever.

Vendor list for one week from today, SUNDAY, April 7.

Steve Wyatt

Raging Rhino

Bronze Age Batcave

Doctor Comics and Mr. Games

Gary Carter

Bud Plant

A-1 Comics

Heroes

Champion Comics

Mike's Comics Plus

Brett's Comics

Stenlund's Comics and Toys

Santa Rosa Comics

JCT Comics

Urban Books

Sacto Sanctorum

Dragstrip Comics

Gabe Schell

Antone Perry

Comic Web

House of Comics

Worlds of Wonder

Lee's Comics

Jason Taylor Comics

Well I am FINALLY recovered enough from my 2023 surgeries that I can leaf through a long box again! Hand is MUCH better. I'll be there!!! Not sure what I want but will certainly be looking for my usual like Jungle, Jumbo, Sheena, Fight, Wings etc Good girl art! And some interesting ACGs etc. We shall see. May even add to my vg-ish Marvel post hero silver. It all depends!

Damn I must update my current list of what I have. No more dupe buying for me!!! Thank God it is on a Sunday! More time for that!

Edited by PovertyRow

Had an excellent time! Not sure why but this was the most enjoyable con I've been to in many years. Time flew by. Picked up two Marvel 15cent (both #1s) romance comics, Gary Carter's own copy (we had a great extended chat) of Strange Tales #77, a nice lower grade Fiction House Jungle with some of the best colors I have seen and a pretty Doc Strange #1 (1974) just because. Had a surprise visit from Scott (FFB) at Marc's table and we were able to catch up after some years! 

The pizza truck in the lot was making hand pulled wood fired pizzas (got the Margarita) that was very reminiscent of the ones I got in Sicily. Hope they return for the next one!

our love story 1-sm.jpg

Doc Strange 1 - 1974-sm.jpg

Strange Tales 77 - Gary Carter copy-sm.jpg

Jungle 119-sm.jpg

My Love 1-sm.jpg

Edited by PovertyRow
resize too large images

Attendance was great--maybe our biggest spring show ever. Conversations were amazing. Plus I got to not only be next to Gary Carter, but next to Gary Carter's original wombat--same one he used for all the San Diego shows back in the day. Think of all the Church copies that were once on that rack!

Second show in a row for the pizza truck and with good attendance and winter over I'd assume they'd be back. Next show June 29!