• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jeweler Insert Upside Down
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Calling on the CGC community for assistance on my first post to the chat board.

In seeing the Mark Jeweler inserts gaining more and more steam over the years in the comic book world, I have just submitted a ticket/question internally to CGC if they would or have ever noted a Mark Jewelers incorrectly placed upside down in a book. Virtually no information online, and wanted to see if anyone out there has come across one. And what is needed to petition CGC to start noting in reflecting this on their labels. Understanding the extreme rarity of this…would think it would be greatly beneficial to both CGC and the customer to have it.

Ahhh gotcha. Looks like the thread goes back to 2011. Just trying to get as much exposure from the CGC community. Will copy mine over there.

Appreciate the help!

Seeing the scams being pulled regarding MJI's (because of the higher $$ being paid) - be very cautious.  2c

Maybe the staples didn't line up correctly on a marriage in the normal right-side-up position, but it fit correctly up-side-down?

It’s a perfect fit. Not a key issue for the ASM 321, and probably a 7.5, 8.0 at best. Back issue comic store buy. Probably wouldn’t even be worth the trouble for this issue for any MJ shenanigans. Have only seen one pic from an older CGC chat board back some years. 
Thinking definitely legit. Staples look like they haven’t been tampered with.

IMG_9042.jpeg

IMG_9043.jpeg

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg