• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exceptional major SA keys in the current Heritage Auction
4 4

77 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2024 at 10:10 AM, Lee Enterprises said:

I was the last man standing on the Strange Tales Annual #1 CGC 9.4. I got squashed like a bug on a bunch of other items. 

ST ANNUAL 1 CGC 9.4.jpg

Final sale price?....FYI I bought it off the drug store corner rack....and was this released the same week or thereabouts with FF Ann 1?

On 4/6/2024 at 1:28 PM, Mmehdy said:

Final sale price?....FYI I bought it off the drug store corner rack....and was this released the same week or thereabouts with FF Ann 1?

It was a lot more than 25 cents...ha, ha. Here is my FF Annual #1. I'll need an expert on the chronology of these books (and someone who owns raw copies) to chime in. ST Annual 1 has a 1962 date and FF Annual 1 has a 1963 date so there might have been some time between the two before they reached the rack. 

FF Annual 1 CGC 9.4.jpg

On 4/5/2024 at 1:55 AM, tth2 said:

Case in point.  To me, $360k is an unfathomable amount to pay for a second-tier SA Marvel key like DD 1.  But because of the even crazier prices previously paid for the book, a $360k price is now framed as an abject failure. 

Since I follow sales intermittently, I see sale figures now and then that make me go "wow. that's really gone up in value," only to hear that it previously sold for way more and the price that impressed me is considered a crash

On 4/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, Frisco Larson said:

It might take Tony Stark's bank account to get that TOS 39, 'cause that's some heavy bread man!!! Killer book though and sitting alone at the top of the census, it SHOULD be worth huge dough!!!  :banana:

I'd pay two million if it was Tony Stark's personal copy with notes in the margins about the arc reactor

On 4/6/2024 at 12:06 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

I'd pay two million if it was Tony Stark's personal copy with notes in the margins about the arc reactor

I think those were only included by Don on the original art.  Maybe the art page that sold was the way to go.  :shiftyeyes:

On 4/6/2024 at 10:27 AM, tth2 said:

As far as I know, none of the Church Timely superhero books have been graded except for Red Raven #1.

Heritage has sold at least one Church Timely hero book besides Red Raven.  It was graded.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:27 PM, adamstrange said:

Heritage has sold at least one Church Timely hero book besides Red Raven.  It was graded.

Ah, of course, the Church Captain America #1.

I knew there was a major Church Timely hero book I was overlooking.

Edited by tth2

On 4/20/2024 at 1:29 AM, tth2 said:

There was one besides that.  I think it was a Cap cover but don't recall the title.

Edited by adamstrange

On 4/20/2024 at 1:30 PM, adamstrange said:
On 4/20/2024 at 1:29 PM, tth2 said:

There was one besides that.

:taptaptap: