• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE GRADE IS IN!! PGM - X-Men 6
5 5

53 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, Corvonie said:

I'm leaning that way.  Have already reached out to Heritage and they responded.  It's scary with the no reserve thing, but also sounds like a really interesting and fun experience.  Thank you for the advice! Have you ever auctioned through them?

I never have.  I had a Cap 110 come back 9.8 and I auctioned that through Pedigree. I have done one auction with Comiclink as well. Both were fine.  Most of what I have sold I did here on the boards or though @GACollectibles who is handling a massive consignment for me.

On 4/7/2024 at 5:39 AM, Corvonie said:

Yes I think there is a certain point where it’s very difficult to tell from photos.  I will say that, in person, there was no doubt to me that this was a 9.2/4, just because of how it literally felt brand new when I held and read it.

Really Fun To read these reactions.

That must have been the most amazing experience (in hand). For a man who obviously needs little advice here - I will just say - cherish all these moments - they are fleeting and I suspect you will remember things like holding it in hand more than the cash itself 10+ years from now. You deserve  this homie. Now, GET PAID! Nice pickup with picky btw- I see you are “starting early” in putting this payout to good use (thumbsu.

love everything about this .

I feel we should crown thee “Sir Corvonie”, after this win .

On 4/9/2024 at 1:38 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

That must have been the most amazing experience (in hand). For a man who obviously needs little advice here - I will just say - cherish all these moments - they are fleeting and I suspect you will remember things like holding it in hand more than the cash itself 10+ years from now. You deserve  this homie. Now, GET PAID! Nice pickup with picky btw- I see you are “starting early” in putting this payout to good use (thumbsu.

“Sir Leonard Washington”. Incredible result man, huge congratulations on this one. 

On 4/9/2024 at 1:38 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Can’t believe I didn’t react to this previously, bud! Thank you so much.  I have to say that in a hobby like this that can easily foster FOMO and a bunch of other crappy feelings, the genuine excitement and generosity of spirit I see every time I share a win is probably my favorite part of collecting (right after getting back a 9.8 on a silver book lol).

Truly grateful for all the camaraderie.

Posted (edited)

Hi @CGC Mike - I was trying to find a way to delete this post, but couldn't find the hide or delete options.  Is this a moderator only feature.  If so, can I request this post be hidden/deleted? Thanks!

NM found the hide!

EDIT: No, I didn't.  Doesn't seem like I can hide the whole thread.  Is this something you can do if allowed?  Thanks!

Edited by Corvonie
didn't find it

• Administrator
On 4/18/2024 at 11:32 AM, Corvonie said:

Hi @CGC Mike - I was trying to find a way to delete this post, but couldn't find the hide or delete options.  Is this a moderator only feature.  If so, can I request this post be hidden/deleted? Thanks!

NM found the hide!

EDIT: No, I didn't.  Doesn't seem like I can hide the whole thread.  Is this something you can do if allowed?  Thanks!

Hi

Members can only hide posts, not topics.  Yes, I can hide or move the thread out of public view.  May I ask why you would like the thread hidden?  There are quite a few posts, and it is a great thread.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

Hi

Members can only hide posts, not topics.  Yes, I can hide or move the thread out of public view.  May I ask why you would like the thread hidden?  There are quite a few posts, and it is a great thread.

The only reason I was thinking to hide the post is that the comic will soon be listed for sale.  It's not a big deal and it is a great thread, thank you!   I thought to hide it for the above reason, though. So completely up to you, especially if my lack of experience with having - let alone selling - books like this is making me overly cautious/paranoid/weird. 

On 4/5/2024 at 5:08 PM, Corvonie said:

I'm leaning that way.  Have already reached out to Heritage and they responded.  It's scary with the no reserve thing, but also sounds like a really interesting and fun experience.  Thank you for the advice! Have you ever auctioned through them?

Face it, tiger. You just hit the jackpot! Congratulations! I’ve sold a lot of books through Heritage. I recommend them. I’m a Heritage Legacy client so they like me, at least for my bids. I deal with Barry Sandoval and he’s very responsive. They’ll likely put your 9.8 in a featured auction with a bunch of other high end items that generate a lot of interest. They also mail beautiful full color auction preview catalogs to their big buyers for all upcoming important auctions. They get the eyeballs and bucks on high end and hard to find books. Heritage also has a lot of flexible consignment and financing options for buyers that help alleviate the need to come up with all cash in a short period of time. This, I believe, gives buyers a little more freedom to bid for something they really want. There are only so many 9.8s that will ever come up for sale so I think you’ll have very strong interest. I hope you make a bundle!