• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale 3033: The DC UNIVERSE COLLECTION Part II: PRE-HERO :: PBA
3 3

50 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2024 at 1:35 PM, Dark Knight said:

No bids for the Flash Comics Ashcan book. Like the first time around, looks like it will remain unsold

It needs to be sold with the Flash GA comics.  Likewise, Ivan needs to put the S&S Science Fiction fanzine "Superman" issue previously owned by Otto Binder and Dick Lupoff and signed by S&S with the Superman GA comics. 

On 3/28/2024 at 2:09 PM, sagii said:

These were strong as well

20240328_165650.jpg

I thought some of the strongest prices were on beater, restored, and conserved copies. Lots of shallow water demand for these books. Like this one I thought got a great price:

DETECTIVE COMICS No. 1

Edited by sfcityduck

On 3/28/2024 at 2:10 PM, sfcityduck said:

I thought there were a LOT of strong prices.  But there were a few deals to be had, and I'm glad I got one. 

I sold Ian my Detective comics 3 for 11k in 2004 and I was going to bid but had to finish a break job just got home and it sold for 6k O.o

I just got in touch with Ian, earlier and he said they all went for far less than he paid.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:10 PM, sfcityduck said:

I thought there were a LOT of strong prices.  But there were a few deals to be had, and I'm glad I got one. 

Oh, I’m sorry. It’s the Tec 1 you got. Great job!

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/28/2024 at 4:14 PM, woowoo said:

I sold Ian my Detective comics 3 for 11k in 2004 and I was going to bid but had to finish a break job just got home and it sold for 6k O.o

I just got in touch with Ian, earlier and he said they all went for far less than he paid.

Sorry you missed it woo woo.

Is Ian the consignor? I’m sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t know the backstory 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/28/2024 at 5:13 PM, sfcityduck said:

I thought some of the strongest prices were on beater, restored, and conserved copies. Lots of shallow water demand for these books. Like this one I thought got a great price:

DETECTIVE COMICS No. 1

It was, Congratulations to winner if anyone here 🎊 👏 

Edited by sagii

On 3/28/2024 at 2:10 PM, sfcityduck said:

Some strong prices to be sure, but I was surprised by how many books seemed like fairly good deals.

There were also some good deals to be had.  I thought that the unrestored Tec 5 in 7.0 for $10,625 was a bargain.  As was the unrestored More Fun #35 (one of the toughest MF issues) in 7.0 for only $3,437.  The buyers of those books should be very happy.

Edited by RareHighGrade