• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'You must give a people set id' error
4 4

9 posts in this topic

I am creating my first competitive set and keep getting an error that says "you must give a people set id".   

I am following the instructions on the help page on creating a set.  Here's what I'm doing:

1. My Collection->Set Manager
  2. Add New Set
  3. Category: S, Type:  Supergirl Special (2023) One-Shot
  4. Continue
  5. Set Name: Supergirl Special (2023) One-Shot 
    *sidenote, I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, (since the type name is the title of the book), so I copied the Type name
  6. Click Save

Result below:

image.thumb.png.fca4e8bf437e56738135c72bfa63a195.png

I am new to the registry, so I have nothing set up.   Any help appreciated.  Thanks!

Edited by JaimeF
clarification

Hey, 

Just did search to see if anyone else is having the same problem & found this topic.  I see someone already started a topic & it's not just me.  

Set not found with the specified set ID.

You must give a people set ID!

Just to let ya'll know I've tried to add sets several times and nothing and i know exactly what to do, as i've been doing it for 10 years, so something is definitely wrong.  I sent a message to CGC, but I'm hoping someone else already did and they are working on it.  I'm very anxious to inch closer to #1, which after 10 years still seems like reaching the sun.

Edited by juniorMC

On 4/13/2024 at 4:08 PM, juniorMC said:

Hey, 

Just did search to see if anyone else is having the same problem & found this topic.  I see someone already started a topic & it's not just me.  

Set not found with the specified set ID.

You must give a people set ID!

Just to let ya'll know I've tried to add sets several times and nothing and i know exactly what to do, as i've been doing it for 10 years, so something is definitely wrong.  I sent a message to CGC, but I'm hoping someone else already did and they are working on it.  I'm very anxious to inch closer to #1, which after 13 or so years still seems like reaching the sun.

I haven't been able to give a name for the recent two sets I've tried creating. Same thing, I can add books no problem. But both are just unnamed sets...came here looking for any info/answers

• Administrator

@JoshuaM This is a known bug that has been reported. It is being resolved by our developers but it is taking some time. There is a dedicated thread at the top of the Registry forum where I will update everyone with any information I receive. 

• Administrator
On 4/15/2024 at 1:34 PM, juniorMC said:

Why can't u just come here to update since we've already started the thread and if a response is given it shows  a (1) on our account and all we have to do is click on it. Now we have to go searching for ur thread.  is our thread not good enough? and try to hurry up cause I don't wanna drop down in the ranking as I am destined to rise.  ur slowin down progress

This post is uncalled for, and very rude.  Please refrain from using this attitude going forward.   @jstam has a thread at the very top of this forum.  It was done because there are numerous threads about registry bugs.  You will find answers there, when we have them to give.