• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIG Announcement: Ex-CEO of Valiant Entertainment creates Rebellious Comics

24 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2024 at 7:00 AM, whetteon said:

This month, we will be slicing each cover into 100 pieces, and sending them off to CGC to have them graded and encapsulated. The four covers are Amazing Spider-Man 300, Ultimate Spider-Man #4, Uncanny X-Men 265, and \Ultimate Spider-Man #4. Check out your chance to buy these amazing covers here.

From what I remember Lyria is just a simple indexing site, there really isn't anything to purchase, even the underlying framework is cut and paste.

I would be very interested in how CGC is participating in this destruction of OA covers. New Valiant already scammed their NFT "investors" a couple years ago and stopped paying their artists/writers (or any bill for that matter) scamming more money. Any cut-up original art needs to be authenticated and Shamdasan trying to use CGC to back it. I do not see a market for this at the price point being offered, the cheapest being 3K for a 1.87 inch piece that the website says only 13 remain....

I have doubts but this would be a miss step at best if CGC authenticates this.

Spoiler

I FORGOT WHAT DAY IT IS....xD

Spoiler

That fact that I could believe someone would do this and CGC would participate either says how naive I am or how far the hobby has "progressed".

Edited by DougC

On 4/1/2024 at 10:12 AM, shadroch said:

Why make the announcement today, of all days?

NICE!This is FORTUNATELY an April Fool’s joke, but honestly, were any of us surprised? Well, a little, but the industry has its (VERY) wild parts to it today! Let’s just hope it doesn’t give anybody some bad ideas lol 

On 4/1/2024 at 12:26 PM, El Toro Rojo said:

Yet, so easy to believe coming from Mr. Bad Idea.

I suppose that's what makes it a good prank. From anyone else, this would have been obviously implausible. But with Dinesh, well... you never quite know, do you?