• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For sale section for pulps
1 1

For sale section for pulps  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a for sale sub forum created in the pulp magazine section?

• Yes, we do need a for sale sub forum created
    • no, we do not need a for sale sub forum, as we can use the existing comic marketplace forum.

39 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Mike, are you thinking a sub-forum in the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area"?  As in, alongside "mixed", "CA/MA", "GA/SA/BA", etc.?  If so, I think that could work quite well.

I always assumed it would be a subforum of the pulp forum, kind of like the original art forum.  But I'm fine in either case.

I try not to do a lot of complaining ... an attitude of gratitude and such, but I never cared for the inclusion of dedicated sales sub forums in the regular informational forums, such as OA.. The idea of a Pulps and Books sub forum in the dedicated Forum Only Selling Thread definitely appeals to me ... it may even attract a window-shopper to a new aspect of paper ephemera collecting. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

As many of you know, not only am I into comics primarily, but all forms of vintage paper in general as well as toys and other stuff. I usually mix a little of everything in my sales threads. It kind of breaks it up and offers a variety. I have never had a complaint but instead, have people tell me it makes the thread more fun. I might not do them at all if it was so compartmented. 

I very seldom visit the pulp forum, a little more in the others.It’s just my opinion but anything for sale needs to be. In the sales forum.

love the pulps but don’t collect them that much.

• Administrator

I have started on this with the assumption there will be a majority in favor of it.  I am asking for help with a few things.  

1. I need a name and description.  I typed these as a placeholder.  What  should the top 2 lines say?  The first is the name, and the second is the description.  Is the second line fine the way it is?

image.png

2.  As far as the guidelines, I need a list of what collectibles are acceptable to post in this forum. I can figure out the rest of the specifics.  I am asking for at minimum a partial list of things allowed  I will pin a thread at the top with this, along with special guidelines for this forum.  There will be a link to the usage guidelines that we currently have (as shown above)   

• Administrator

All threads are bound by the terms of use in the Comic market forum only selling area.  They can be seen by clicking on the usage guidelines link posted at the top of this forum in bolded red.  Here is a direct link.

Items listed here can also be listed in the comic market forum only selling area.  However, Comics, Comic related TPB's, Action figures/toys are not allowed in this forum.  

All items must be pre 1980  (No books later than December 31st 1979)

Items that are allowed:  Pulp Magazines, Men's Adventure Magazines and other "old paper" (non comic related) Magazines, Vintage PB's, BLB's, and Digests. 

On 4/3/2024 at 9:19 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have started on this with the assumption there will be a majority in favor of it.  I am asking for help with a few things.  

1. I need a name and description.  I typed these as a placeholder.  What  should the top 2 lines say?  The first is the name, and the second is the description.  Is the second line fine the way it is?

image.png

2.  As far as the guidelines, I need a list of what collectibles are acceptable to post in this forum. I can figure out the rest of the specifics.  I am asking for at minimum a partial list of things allowed  I will pin a thread at the top with this, along with special guidelines for this forum.  There will be a link to the usage guidelines that we currently have (as shown above)   

I would suggest including, in line 2, the word "books", as most of the Pulpies and PB guys do like to buy and sell the occasional hardback 1st Edition. Thanks again for doing this. The first line could also say, "Pulps, Books, Magazines, etc.GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MEME MERCURY.jpg

• Administrator
On 4/4/2024 at 11:42 AM, jimjum12 said:

I would suggest including, in line 2, the word "books"

Done!

BTW, the sub forum will show up nicely.

image.png

• Administrator

If the yes choice holds a majority in the poll, I will add permissions to the new pulp sub forum selling area Monday evening.

image.png

• Administrator

I have added permissions to the selling sub forum.  Let me know if there are any problems.  Also, please read the guidelines before starting a thread.  These are in addition to the guidelines in the other selling forum.  

• Administrator
On 4/19/2024 at 12:33 AM, OtherEric said:

I should have thought of this earlier...

Are we allowed to make "want to buy" posts as well, or do we need to do those over in the Comics Market- Want to Buy thread?

The forum is for selling/trading only.  You would need to use the WTB section to advertise books you are looking for.

On 4/19/2024 at 4:36 AM, CGC Mike said:

The forum is for selling/trading only.  You would need to use the WTB section to advertise books you are looking for.

Thank you for the clarification.

On 4/19/2024 at 5:40 AM, CGC Mike said:

Who's going to be the first to post a FS thread?  :fridaygif3:

I think everybody is waiting for somebody else to go first. I mostly buy, while I've sold some items on the forums they've generally been people asking me after I post something.