• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Local Comic Shops by Location
3 3

68 posts in this topic

California - South Bay (Near San Jose)

Heroes Comics

24 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008

Old school store with tons of Gold/Silver/Bronze raw & graded books. My go-to comic store in the South bay. Good prices.

Heroes and Champions

574 E El Camino Real Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Great staff and selection of back issues (raw and graded Silver/Bronze). Good prices.

Bronze Age Batcave

20 S Santa Cruz Ave # 112, Los Gatos, CA 95030

Interesting store. If I had to describe it, it looks like if some collected for 40 years then stuck their entire collection in a shop. Their prices are very high, but they have pretty much everything you could want. Huge wall of raw books/magazines/esoteric items and 500-1000? slabs with many keys.

If you’re ever in Southern California stop by our shop in Santa Clarita (about 40 minutes north of Los Angeles.

We are Cruzin Thru Comics.

We specialize in back issues and are constantly getting new collections in. We have lots of key issues, graded books, $1 books, horror magazines etc..

https://cruzinthrucomics.com

E568D322-E04A-4149-82A9-13923B759E44.jpeg

On 5/12/2024 at 8:44 AM, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

If you’re ever in Southern California stop by our shop in Santa Clarita (about 40 minutes north of Los Angeles.

We specialize in back issues and are constantly getting new collections in. We have lots of key issues, graded books, $1 books, horror magazines etc..

What a coincidence.  My buddy lives in Santa Clarita and I was literally looking at shops in the area to visit and yours popped up.  I didn't have time last time, but it's definitely on the radar next time I'm around (time permitting).

California (South Bay)

Comics Conspiracy (913 W El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087): Large stock of weekly titles, back bins largely Copper/Modern, clean and neatly organized, really friendly staff.

California (Orange County)

McFlys Comics (17301 Beach Blvd UNIT 14, Huntington Beach, CA 92646): A bit of a unique store.  No new weekly titles.  Entire store is all back issue.  Half of the books are organized.  The other half are acquired collections loosely sorted pending proper insertion into the corresponding organized box.  The issue is that most of the books AREN'T priced.  Instead, price is 50% of what is listed in the most recent Price Guide laid out on a table in the middle of the room.  So while books aren't individually labeled, you can determine the price on your own by referencing the Guide.  I know that rubs some shoppers the wrong way, but the sheer number of boxes makes the store feel like perusing through boxes at small local conventions.  If you're looking to fill holes in runs, this is a great stop.

On 4/30/2024 at 1:27 PM, toro said:

New Bedford MA (2 stores about 2 blocks away from each other)

Temptations Comics & Guitars

2331 Acushnet Ave, New Bedford, MA 02745

Twilight Comics

2184 Acushnet Ave, New Bedford, MA 02745

Seekonk, MA

The Time Capsule

1732 Fall River Ave, Seekonk, MA 02771

Quincy, Brockton, Malden, Norwood

https://newenglandcomics.biz/Index

Updated/added and thanks!

On 5/12/2024 at 8:44 AM, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

Spoiler

Updated and thanks!

On 5/10/2024 at 5:47 PM, grendel013 said:

New Jersey

Comic Lair

1606 S Broad St

Trenton NJ 08610

comic-lair.com

On 5/18/2024 at 4:11 PM, HighRadArt said:

New Jersey is in the house/updated!

And they do have back issues! Mainly $10, $15 and $20+ boxes. Chad is tricky though. He likes to stack stuff on top to "disguise" them. It's Trenton, so you get some riffraff. Also, a lot of people come in for cards. But if you ask "Do you have back issues?" he is more than accommodating. He also has cheaper boxes all around the store and probably tons in the back or in storage. It's an old school shop in the sense where the more questions you ask and the more often you go, he will keep bringing out more and more and more interesting stuff. He also runs a small comic and toy convention twice a year in New Egypt, NJ. 

• Administrator
On 5/18/2024 at 2:01 PM, HighRadArt said:

I believe that's it up to page 2.  The feedback has been steady which is good.  Moving on to page 3...

Glad to hear it.  Thank you for doing this.  :)

On 5/18/2024 at 2:18 PM, grendel013 said:

And they do have back issues! Mainly $10, $15 and $20+ boxes. Chad is tricky though. He likes to stack stuff on top to "disguise" them. It's Trenton, so you get some riffraff. Also, a lot of people come in for cards. But if you ask "Do you have back issues?" he is more than accommodating. He also has cheaper boxes all around the store and probably tons in the back or in storage. It's an old school shop in the sense where the more questions you ask and the more often you go, he will keep bringing out more and more and more interesting stuff. He also runs a small comic and toy convention twice a year in New Egypt, NJ. 

Thanks and updated.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:53 AM, ExNihilo said:

What a coincidence.  My buddy lives in Santa Clarita and I was literally looking at shops in the area to visit and yours popped up.  I didn't have time last time, but it's definitely on the radar next time I'm around (time permitting).

Hope you can stop by!