• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Rom Spacenight panel page by Sal B.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Looking for a Rom panel page with the Spaceknight featured in at least one or two panels. Doesn’t need to be splashy or a significant story moment. It’s not a grail or anything for me, just trying to hit the nostalgia button. Pls msg me if you have one available.

On 4/7/2024 at 1:37 PM, Noob19 said:

Looking for a Rom panel page with the Spaceknight featured in at least one or two panels. Doesn’t need to be splashy or a significant story moment. It’s not a grail or anything for me, just trying to hit the nostalgia button. Pls msg me if you have one available.

If you check out comic art tracker, there are actually a few pages on the market right now. Pretty nice ones, too. Good luck! 

On 4/7/2024 at 9:41 PM, Noob19 said:

Thanks. Seems like $3-3.5k is the ballpark for Rom panel pages. Tbh, I wasn't expecting that. Will keep looking...

I have a gallery of all ROM Spaceknight pages which are available for TRADE, but I'd probably want vintage MICRONAUTS (or stuff from ROM Annual 2) in exchange.  Just something to consider.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:23 PM, Noob19 said:

Stellar ROM artwork in your collection. Curious when/where you first acquired them?

Got my major start on the title by clearing out inkers Akin & Garvey of all the ROM pages they had left at the time.  That's why my ROM collection skews so strongly to that era of the book (as well as it being my favorite time of the book, as well)  Since then it's just been the occasional potshot acquisition.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:06 AM, Noob19 said:

Honest question here, is $3-3.5k the range I should expect to page for a basic Rom panel page by Sal? 

In my opinion, no.  You should be able to acquire a decent example for around half that.  Again, in my opinion.

Here's a fine example from ROM, SPACEKNIGHT 2, auctioned on Heritage earlier this year.  $1560

You may have to be a little patient, though.  Pick your shot.

Erik Essington has this one open for offers, too, though I don't know how much he has in mind.  

Edited by thethedew

On 4/10/2024 at 7:06 AM, Noob19 said:

Honest question here, is $3-3.5k the range I should expect to page for a basic Rom panel page by Sal? 

On 4/14/2024 at 5:16 PM, thethedew said:

In my opinion, no.  You should be able to acquire a decent example for around half that.  Again, in my opinion.

I have to concur with thethedew.  I acquired my Sal Buscema ROM page featuring both ROM and Dire Wraiths at half your estimate.  I acquired mine through CAF (Comic Art Fans) from a fellow collector so it is definitely possible for you.  A little patience is required and just stating your desired budget constraints.  Good luck!

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

On 4/14/2024 at 6:57 PM, Benedict Judas Hel said:

I acquired mine through CAF (Comic Art Fans) from a fellow collector so it is definitely possible for you.  

@Noob19  ComicArtLive is May 11-12, 2024.  So if you're not already a CAF premium member, now is a good time.  You never know what will pop up. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/comicartlive.asp