• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE Old Vintage Paperback Books Cheap Thrills!
2 2

137 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2024 at 8:45 PM, Robot Man said:

Let’s just say, the cover on the Private Life of Helen of Troy probably sold a few more books… and classic works of literature like Sherlock Holmes are still sitting here. And nobody will even take Lost Horizons for free…:roflmao:

Ed Hulse recently posted this copy, he won't mind if I share...

This is what she looked like to guys stopping at the rack in Woolworths in 1948 :shiftyeyes:

FB_IMG_1712800891923.jpg.8581ae1ca333dcb24205efdff5e29f5d.jpg

On 4/7/2024 at 4:54 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, freebee time…

Available to the NEXT purchase. Just claim it!

The Case of the Counterfeit Eye by Erle Stanley Gardner 1943 Pocket Book #157

Lots of creases, spine rolled, a few tears but a solid reader

IMG_8749.jpeg

IMG_8750.jpeg

IMG_8751.jpeg

Claim available for this still?

On 4/7/2024 at 5:41 PM, Robot Man said:

I the Jury by Mickey Spillane 1953 Signet #699

Classic title. Of note, this was illustrated and used in the censorship book "Parade of Pleasure"

Has a small "tape pull" on bottom of back cover and a little color off spine edge. Otherwise a flat, clean copy with square full spine and tightly bound

Was $15.

Now $10.

Ithejury1.jpeg

Ithejury2.jpeg

Ithejury3.jpeg

:takeit:

On 4/7/2024 at 5:54 PM, Robot Man said:

The Sherlock Holmes Pocket Book #95 seventh printing 1942

A very nice, tight clean copy with square, full paper spine. Still well bound. Just a pinch of edge and corner cover wear. Has WHITE pages!

Was $10.

Now $5.

Sherlockholmespocketbook1.jpeg

Sherlockholmespocketbook2.jpeg

Sherlockholmespocketbook3.jpeg

On 4/8/2024 at 5:36 PM, Robot Man said:

The Case Book of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 1950 Pocket Books #670

A very sharp copy. Looks like it was read maybe once. Very glossy full lamination. Tight, square full paper spine. Tightly bound, Just the most minute wear at tips of corners. Hardly worth mentioning.

Note: The cover is much darker. This was shot outside to magnify any defects.

Was $15.

Now $5.

Sherlockholmescasebook1.jpeg

Sherlockholmescasebook2.jpeg

Sherlockholmescasebook3.jpeg

On 4/9/2024 at 1:25 PM, Robot Man said:

Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthus Conan Doyle 1949 Bantam Books #704

A very sharp copy. Tiny lower right corner crease. Long, light reading crease at pine. Bright, with full lamination. Spine is tight and square with full paper.Tightly bound. Just very minimal wear.

Was $8.

Now $4.

Sherlockholmesmemoirs1.jpeg

Sherlockholmesmemoir2.jpeg

Sherlockholmesmemoir3.jpeg

On 4/11/2024 at 1:30 PM, Robot Man said:

Still some cool “Cheap Thrills” left… will leave this up until tomorrow then send invoices and close it up.

Remember if any buyers would prefer Media Mail, let me know otherwise postage will start at Ground Advantage.

Thanks!

I'll do media mail please. 

On 4/9/2024 at 1:51 PM, Robot Man said:

Washington Confidential by Jack Last & Lee Mortimer 1951 Dell D-108

Sordid tales of Washington politicians. Some things just never change... Nice full illustration wrap around cover.

A clean, tight copy. Tiny lower right corner crease front and back. Full paper spine and bound well. Just very light wear.

Was $10.

Now $5.

Washington1.jpeg

Washington2.jpeg

Washington3.jpeg

GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

OK, this thread is officially closed! Was a lot better than I thought. Vintage PB's are definitely in demand and appreciated. 

Invoices are out except for Andy @goldust40. For some weird reason, it just doesn't want to go through. Send me a PM and I will try and answer through that.

For those who I receive payment over the weekend, I will send out on Monday. Otherwise, a slight delay as I have a crazy week next week. 

Postage has gone up again! "Ground Advantage" is sure no "advantage" to anybody but the Post Office... :sumo: To make up for it, some of you might find a freebee or two just to fill boxes.

Thanks to all who have looked and even more to those who actually bought something. Sales threads are fun and sometimes clean out a little clutter. I never get rich but it still is fun. Until next time.