• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still kicking myself
1 1

3 posts in this topic

So, going back to probably 2005 or so I was getting back into comics after giving up on the hobby in the mid 90's. I found a really nice copy of Hulk #181 on eBay. I decided to bid on it and won it for $1,200. I sent it in to CGC to be graded and it came back as an 8.0. About a year later in 2006 or so I once again gave up on the hobby. I put my CGC 8.0 Hulk 181 up for auction on eBay. It sold for around $500.00. I got back into comics about a year and a half ago and have bought back nearly my entire collection and then some (10 long boxes of raw comics and 6 short boxes of graded books) but I'm quickly losing hope of ever being able to buy another high grade copy of Hulk #181. Oh well. Still kicking myself.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1809448056083976&type=3

Edited by Joel0109

On 4/10/2024 at 9:11 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I'm kicking myself for not buying another 25 copies when I got this one off the rack.  If only we could see the future, eh?  It's easy to have more regrets than joy from this hobby if you focus on lost financial opportunity.

IH - 181.jpg

Well said Matt.