• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has pre code Horror cooled?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 4/15/2024 at 1:42 PM, *paull* said:

I don't see it.  Prices for key covers and L.B. Cole covers are really strong.

Exhibit B below.  Keep in mind these notes:  "Cover and first two wraps detached. Binder hole through whole book. Centerfold and page 2 re-attached with tape."

evidence1.jpg

Exhibit C:

evidence2.thumb.jpg.a88910d0453bbf5b649b7bdbbc197a05.jpg

Tough classic covers are getting the cash i was thinking that Dynamic would go higher just thinking :bigsmile:

On 4/15/2024 at 2:11 PM, LadyDeath said:

Adventures Into the Unknown sold very cheap at the recent Heritage auction.

Though they never seem to be in demand and I'm the only person who likes those covers. :149877068_mellowemoji:

ACG's formula seemed to be one actual horror story ending and three lame ones.  It apparently kept them afloat however, after the CCA restrictions took effect, with Adventures Into The Unknown, and Forbidden Worlds.  Gone were Skeleton Hand, Out Of The Night, and the one issue of The Clutching Hand.

Adventures Into The Unknown 28.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 2:11 PM, LadyDeath said:

Adventures Into the Unknown sold very cheap at the recent Heritage auction.

Though they never seem to be in demand and I'm the only person who likes those covers. :149877068_mellowemoji:

I finished off my pre code run last year. Other than #1, I got all of them in grades from 4.0-8.0 for $100. Or less. On some MUCH less. I held off completing the run until most of my other PCH runs were complete. ACGs are just so much less impressive other than a few outstanding issues. I suspect many other PCH collectors feel the same way.