• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD #132 CBCS 9.9 send to CGC?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I sent in my Walking Dead #132 Loot Crate exclusive into CBCS. I have been thinking of sending it into CGC to get slabbed/graded. Is it worth it, do they prescreen before opening to see if it might get lower grade?

It's my personal collection, not looking to sell just like it and it's the only CBCS 9.9 of the book when I looked it up.

Thoughts, on it would be great, is it worth it having CGC over CBCS, if i ever think or decide to sell it?

TWD 132 9.9.jpg

You likely won’t get a 9.9 from CGC; not because CBCS is “lesser”, but because the statistics for a 9.9 are so absurdly small that the probability is non-existent.

Keep it as is, unless you are ok with it being a 9.8 from CGC.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:27 AM, White67 said:

I sent in my Walking Dead #132 Loot Crate exclusive into CBCS. I have been thinking of sending it into CGC to get slabbed/graded. Is it worth it, do they prescreen before opening to see if it might get lower grade?

It's my personal collection, not looking to sell just like it and it's the only CBCS 9.9 of the book when I looked it up.

Thoughts, on it would be great, is it worth it having CGC over CBCS, if i ever think or decide to sell it?

TWD 132 9.9.jpg

I don't know the answer to "do they prescreen before opening".  I'm curious if anyone else knows?  Seems unlikely, but if they offered that it might be worth it.  Otherwise i would not crack it.  CBCS 9.9 and highest graded--take the win!