• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Preview 7 1st Rocket Racoon
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi there hope your well, please could you spare a moment to grade my Marvel Preview 1st appearance of Rocket Racoon. The comic hasn’t been cleaned or pressed no detached staples or cut outs or missing pages. There is a marke on the cover it is smooth to touch I think it’s a tape pull? 

IMG_6838.jpeg

IMG_6839.jpeg

IMG_6840.jpeg

IMG_6841.jpeg

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6844.jpeg

A tough book to grade. I have a similar standard Uncle Scrooge that has a tape pull about that size and it was a CGC 6.0, which I think sits about right. I'll be interested in what others have to say about it.

I think the tape pull alone dips this under 7.0. 7.0-9.0 is the book's suggestion for a "small" tape pull. I have a 7.0 with larger pulls, but both are on the back cover. I'll agree with the 6.0 above. TBH, if this came in over 7.0 I'd actually have to send an angry letter to CGC based on the grade I got on my copy of this one with light bends & light creasing that I can't really see. This is otherwise pretty nice looking. I have a 2nd copy that looks like someone barfed on the back :pullhair:

On 4/28/2024 at 10:21 PM, scburdet said:

I think the tape pull alone dips this under 7.0. 7.0-9.0 is the book's suggestion for a "small" tape pull. I have a 7.0 with larger pulls, but both are on the back cover. I'll agree with the 6.0 above. TBH, if this came in over 7.0 I'd actually have to send an angry letter to CGC based on the grade I got on my copy of this one with light bends & light creasing that I can't really see. This is otherwise pretty nice looking. I have a 2nd copy that looks like someone barfed on the back :pullhair:

Let me know and I'll co-sign the letter. 

I think between the pull and the staple rust, this shouldn't exceed a 6. But I feel like we've seen some crazy grades come back recently, so who knows?