• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2024 at 6:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There is one in modern too since that's where we're headed lol

Edit to say he posted it in moderns hearing up thread in modern, which I suppose is progress.

My bad for thinking it was another thread in the modern section. :shy: 

Edit again? To say that neat collectables had to respond there too, which amazes me that they found the post!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 3:00 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Whether it’s the Translate software being used, or not, even in the friendlier threads started by the OP, about artists or favourite comics, and so on, there tends to be quite an aggressive tone which can sound slightly abrasive to a native English speaker, more used to a neutral construction.

It's a Swiss thing. I think the OP is a good dude and cannot help being Swiss. 

I live surrounded by Swiss (and especially German) expats in Central America.  They are ALL like that. Without exception.  I have met 50 of them personally and I swear to god there are no exceptions.

It took me 15 years to become friends with a German in my neighborhood. Here is how he introduced himself to me: "I hate it when Americans say 'awesome'".... I had just said 'awesome' to him.