• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulp case vs Comic case question

3 posts in this topic

I recently received my first pulp submission. Very happy with the process.

I did notice that although the pulp does not move side to side, it does flop a bit top to bottom due to the thickness of the case and the thickness of the pulp.

My question is, is it possible to request a comic case instead of a pulp case to midigate this problem if the pulp would fit better?

Thanks! 

• Administrator

Hello,

Great question! These holders are specifically designed to holder pulps and are reviewed by our encapsulation team directly. However as this is a brand new service, please send us an email with a video of the movement you are seeing. We will review this with our leadership team to see if there is a possibility to have this returned for review and possibly reholder in a different encapsulation. Thanks for checking! 

Posted (edited)

Thanks Matt

It took me a bit to be able to post a video. As you can see this pulp moves around in the case. I have another one that does the same thing but one more in a thinner case that does not move. I know these vary and it is not possible to get them perfect. I don't think this will fit in a thinner slab. So I guess CGC is taking this into consideration at the encapsulating process. I don't think these can be reholdered but I appreciate you getting back to me and are aware of this Thanks!

Edited by Robot Man