• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 Grading Contest Spring Edition Season 3 (#10) Round 4 Results
4 4

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 8:24 PM, Axelrod said:

200.webp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks Mike! 

And congrats to everyone else!

This will likely never happen again, so, I will take it!

Your usual holiday raffle prize is nothing to sneeze at! Glad it happened to such a generous person, and for putting in the work! Sugar that does kind of help the medicine go down! ^^ a clean sweep! @Axelrod

I'd break out into song, but it is probably best I don't lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 5/5/2024 at 9:24 PM, Axelrod said:

200.webp

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thanks Mike! 

image.png

On 5/5/2024 at 8:24 PM, Axelrod said:

Thanks Mike! 

Thanks Mike, thanks all, congrats all. This is also likely the only time I finish in the top three.  I have to note, the last thing I did before sending in my grades this round was change the 8.0 that I had given to SS 10 down to a 7.5.  Literally had 8.0 typed into my message to Mike, stared at the screen for five minutes and then made the switch.  Grrr...could have been fighting for first.  Very happy to be here though.  I'm not conceding to @zzutak but, I am pretty sure he said his grading focus is on the older mid grade comics...I think I am in trouble.

shitting bricks.gif

On 5/5/2024 at 10:29 PM, Cerebus3000 said:

Thanks Mike, thanks all, congrats all. This is also likely the only time I finish in the top three.  I have to note, the last thing I did before sending in my grades this round was change the 8.0 that I had given to SS 10 down to a 7.5.  Literally had 8.0 typed into my message to Mike, stared at the screen for five minutes and then made the switch.  Grrr...could have been fighting for first.  Very happy to be here though.  I'm not conceding to @zzutak but, I am pretty sure he said his grading focus is on the older mid grade comics...I think I am in trouble.

shitting bricks.gif

I would have liked your post, but laughed at your graphic (carping bricks)  : )

If I’m reading it right it looks like this was my first top 10 finish (not counting the tie breakers). So happy about that. Wish I had the marbles to stick with my “just guess 9.4” strategy straight through all 4 rounds because I would’ve definitely saved myself almost a half dozen points 

Okay, high-grade-palooza is over, hopefully we can get back mastering beaters…

On 5/5/2024 at 7:44 PM, zzutak said:

Mike's results indicate @apocalypse76 was the player who scored 5 bullseyes in Round 4!  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  (worship)

Yup it was me. That was the first time I've scored a perfect round in the 4 or 5 contests I've participated in so that's kind of fun but honestly a 2-point round would have been way better! doh!

Sorry for the last post. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person when trying to put GIFS on here and for some reason I can't edit my  posts now. :facepalm:

• Administrator
On 5/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, Morganmi said:

Sorry for the last post. I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person when trying to put GIFS on here and for some reason I can't edit my  posts now. :facepalm:

You have to scroll WAY to the right to find those 3 dots in the upper right corner of your post.