• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone going to Lake Como Comic Art Festival next week?

21 posts in this topic

If I sell something during the caf live and  the buyer asks for hand delivery, yes I am going.

otherwise it’s not worth my time (I would go only for networking).

Just looked at the artists list. Most I have no idea who they are. Ones I know, I have meet at cons and not interested flying across the ocean to see them. 

Just 3 artists interest me all live in Europe and I may never seen them but not worth $2500 minimum to attend.

Echo all of the above. All great artists but none that I collect or have done work on comics that I own, and would rather put that money towards NYCC, cost to me is about the same.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:16 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm going and wanted to see if there were any board denizens who were planning to go.

Where are you staying. Near the Con or travelling from another one of the towns each day. My wife talks about travelling to Europe, so thought I could sell her the "wonders of lake Como", to justify the trip, but was surprised how limited the accommodation options seemed. Any other input appreciated for a first time visitor.

On 5/10/2024 at 5:58 PM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Where are you staying. Near the Con or travelling from another one of the towns each day. My wife talks about travelling to Europe, so thought I could sell her the "wonders of lake Como", to justify the trip, but was surprised how limited the accommodation options seemed. Any other input appreciated for a first time visitor.

We’re staying in Como, about five miles from Cernnobio. 

On 5/11/2024 at 10:08 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

We’re staying in Como, about five miles from Cernnobio. 

Do you know where yet. Accommodation varies from the older "quaint "places to maybe one or two chain hotels ..None really stood out as a must stay there.

I had a great time last year meeting the likes of Manara, Liberatore, McKean, Dodson, Moore, and Comolo, but there are diminishing returns, and it is expensive, so we're not going this time. I suspect we'll be back in the future when my wife gets a hankering to spend a weekend in the beautiful lakeside environment.

On 5/11/2024 at 7:42 AM, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Do you know where yet. Accommodation varies from the older "quaint "places to maybe one or two chain hotels ..None really stood out as a must stay there.

It’s an apartment through VRBO. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 10:20 AM, RBerman said:

I had a great time last year meeting the likes of Manara, Liberatore, McKean, Dodson, Moore, and Comolo, but there are diminishing returns, and it is expensive, so we're not going this time. I suspect we'll be back in the future when my wife gets a hankering to spend a weekend in the beautiful lakeside environment.

I expect it’s not going to be an annual trip for me either. I’m just hoping the weather forecast improves. Right now it’s predicting rain the whole time we’re there. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

On 5/12/2024 at 11:25 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

I expect it’s not going to be an annual trip for me either. I’m just hoping the weather forecast improves. Right now it’s predicting rain the whole time we’re there. 

If last year is any indication, it will rain a little bit each day. It is a very green area due to the combination of mountains and lakes. My art was never in jeopardy, but I did bring a bunch of garbage bags in which to shroud my portfolios just in case.

On 5/12/2024 at 4:43 PM, RBerman said:

If last year is any indication, it will rain a little bit each day. It is a very green area due to the combination of mountains and lakes. My art was never in jeopardy, but I did bring a bunch of garbage bags in which to shroud my portfolios just in case.

I’m not bringing any art with me. 

On 5/13/2024 at 2:24 AM, PhilipB2k17 said:

It’s an apartment through VRBO. 

Thank you. If Lake Como does not drag her to Europe . then that boat may have sailed. Thanks again,

On 5/18/2024 at 8:52 PM, MOStateSuperman said:

I have never considered Como but my wife saw some photos and said “Wow, when can we go there?” So maybe one of these days. lol

I was visiting Italy just before Como, mostly in Tuscany and was trying to figure out if I could extend things a bit. Didn't work out but its a gorgeous place. 

On 5/12/2024 at 4:43 PM, RBerman said:

We lucked out and got almost perfect weather while we were there. Only a very brief rain, but otherwise it was at least partly sunny the whole time.