• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PG X-Men #24
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Curious what anyone thinks about this X-Men #27, with subscription crease showing on front but otherwise sharp. Back cover shows creases also, that do transfer at least to the back page, but not all pages as they don’t show in the front page. 

IMG_9395.png

IMG_9397.png

IMG_9396.png

IMG_9400.png

IMG_9398.png

IMG_9399.png

On 5/13/2024 at 4:11 PM, Q.N.S. said:

Needs a C&P so bad... why grade it now?

Trying to decide whether to buy it, seller says its a solid VF+ (8.5), I'm not sure it should be that high

On 5/13/2024 at 1:06 PM, NY Roadkill said:

subscription crease showing on front but otherwise sharp

No.  Not "otherwise sharp" despite the seller's puffery:facepalm:

On 5/13/2024 at 1:14 PM, NY Roadkill said:

Trying to decide whether to buy it, seller says its a solid VF+ (8.5), I'm not sure it should be that high

I'm not trying to be mean here, but ......
If you cannot tell the difference between a 4.0-ish copy and "a solid 8.5" copy, you really should not be purchasing vintage books.  Study.  Learn.  Then invest.  :foryou:

On 5/13/2024 at 7:28 PM, zzutak said:

No.  Not "otherwise sharp" despite the seller's puffery:facepalm:

I'm not trying to be mean here, but ......
If you cannot tell the difference between a 4.0-ish copy and "a solid 8.5" copy, you really should not be purchasing vintage books.  Study.  Learn.  Then invest.  :foryou:

Gee thanks Dad - or is Son? Light date stamps don't matter. Tanning sometimes doesn't have a great affect. Foxing may knock down a grade or 2 but allow book to still be 6 or 7. Seen enough to know that when I don't think a grade is right - sometimes I am too low - so I ask questions to verify what I think. It's not an investment, it's a collection, but don't want to overpay - which was the point behind asking.

Thanks for the reply.