• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don Perlin passes away at aged 94.
1 1

15 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2024 at 4:10 PM, Cman429 said:

Every year I walk around artist alley at Megacon and recognize fewer and fewer names. Getting tough being a fan who came of age in the 70s/80s, May Khonshu guide you home, Mr Perlin

We've lost quite a few legends the last couple years. Just sad when they go! And agreed, I barely know who's in artist alley now.

He did some great work on the DC bronze horror titles. May he rest in peace.

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 5:10 PM, dick pontoon said:

I'm a big fan of his work on Werewolf By Night. He was great at telling a story and at being creepy and disturbing.  R.I.P. Mr. Perlin.

One aspect of the hobby that I really like is that on occasion it might take time to begin to appreciate an artist, which is good, rather than switching on to every creator when you’re a kid and having nothing left to uncover in later decades and just finding it all going stale. I discovered I could get into Perlin’s Bronze Age work far more in the clearer presentation of the recent digital remasters of WWBN, Marvel Spotlight and Moon Knight than I could in the original, muddy newsprint. Absolutely right, a great match for the genres he worked in.  Also, he was, along with BWS, the artist on the classic pre-Unity Valiant issues of Solar, Man of the Atom.

A sad loss.

Edited by Ken Aldred