• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your puppies!
1 1

92 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Deputy Dawg!

11-08-2011105413PM.jpg

11-08-2011105418PM.jpg

When I was a young kid, Deputy Dawg was one of those cartoon characters that I'd vaguely heard about in the school yard or somewhere from kids lucky enough to have cable TV or a rooftop antenna capable of picking up signals from Erie, Cleveland or Detroit. We didn't even acquire a TV until the late spring of 1961 and even then we only got our local CFPL channel until 1966. As such Deputy Dawg seemed a magical character to me. (Howdy Doody and Shari Lewis were two others.)

(shrug)

Edited by Hepcat

My favourite canine comic character is Brer Fox of Uncle Remus fame:

brerfox%201_zpsjee08b8g.jpg foxplay_zpsu514lld4.gif

Here are some comics I have with Brer Fox cover appearances:

FourColor693.jpg

(edited)_Brer_Rabbit.png

Some books:

LittleGoldenBooksUncleRemus.jpg

A record:

BrerRabbitandtheTarBabyRecord.jpg

A cassette:

SongoftheSouthCassette.jpg

A bread end label:

(edited)_(edited)_Uncle_Remus.png

The original art for the 1972 rerelease of the Song of the South movie poster which I acquired through a Hake's auction about eighteen years ago: 

BrerRabbitposter.jpg

But best of all is this custom stained glass window featuring Brer Fox and Flower from Bambi in the door leading from my collectibles room to the upstairs balcony:

StainedGlassWindow.jpg

BrerRabbitstainedglass.jpg

:cool: