• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double Covers
2 2

9 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2024 at 11:03 AM, HeathP said:

Why was the double cover not noted when my book was graded? 

When you say not noted, do you mean not noted on either the label or the grader notes (or just not noted on the label)?

On 5/17/2024 at 7:03 PM, HeathP said:

Why was the double cover not noted when my book was graded? 

I don't know. Why was the double cover not noted when my book was graded? 89b02859e325525ce48e58114253e40a.gif.fbb68e6147f5857accc686982b517478.gif

I would like to save this thread if possible... Does anyone know how common a double cover is? I know there is one example of a Grendel #1 (1983) with a double-cover. That slipped away years ago around the same time the original cover art was up for sale. There's a Grips #4 double cover I found for sale. Just wondering if this could be a one of one or if double covers may occur in bunches.

On 5/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, grendel013 said:

I would like to save this thread if possible... Does anyone know how common a double cover is? I know there is one example of a Grendel #1 (1983) with a double-cover. That slipped away years ago around the same time the original cover art was up for sale. There's a Grips #4 double cover I found for sale. Just wondering if this could be a one of one or if double covers may occur in bunches.

They are rare, but in the case of Marvel there tend to be multiple DCs of particular issues. I was putting together a run of Avengers and some issues had multiple copies, while others didn't.

IMG_4644.thumb.jpeg.941e5330c1a833873ee4ed961b9ab0fa.jpeg This is the only image I have*, but the issue of Firestorm is also not noted as a double cover on the label. It is a double cover, but because it is also a variant cover, that is what was cited. The double cover is noted under the title in the CGC header. As you can see, this was graded along time ago, so the header notes may not be legible. 

*I took this photo as a joke, because it shows a red, yellow, green, and blue slab protector. I just thought it was funny that slabs that protect the comic book. Also now have a product that protects the slab.

there's probably at least two possible reasons.

1. Your book wasn't a double cover.

2.  CGC made a mistake.

I would say that if you pay for a service, and feel that there were errors in the service provided to you, you should strongly consider contacting the customer service department of that company.  A lot companies these days have websites, and phone numbers, and email addresses.  A lot of folks try to use those methods to directly contact the companies they paid to try to resolve their issues.

Of course some people post extremely vague declarative statements with no relevant information on public chat forums to complete internet strangers.  

Who can say which is better?