• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink auctions are starting to look a lot more like ComicConnect auctions
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So many low/no grade ultrakeys: Tec 27, Supes 1, Batman 1, Cap 1, All-Star 8, and the list goes on... O.o

https://www.comiclink.com/search_adv.asp?all=y&TITLE=&TITLEOPT=ALL&ISSUE=&Condition=00.5&ConditionTo=01.0&CGC_CBCS=YES&CensusRank=&SearchPageQuality=&Pedigree=&PRICEF=&PRICET=&DESCRIPTION=&DESCRIPTIONOPT=ALL&SearchRemarks=&SearchCGC=&EXCLUDE=&CATEGORIES=-1&WCATEGORIES=-1&SORT=CATEG&_where_auctions=y&x=52&y=18&where_auctions=y

Fortunately, I was in some sort of collision and have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket from the rather large settlement. My friends call me Parmy (short for parmesan) from all the cheese I have - as in money (cheddar). 

image.thumb.png.96dc5f18c178e01e87d81ed381ea40ec.png

Edited by mrmovies

Posted (edited)

The Joe Simon collection Cap 1 is one of the most interesting books to price I've ever seen. Another incomplete 0.5 sold for 39.5k in 2020. That one wasn't missing as many pages, but also doesn't have the provenance. 

Edited by thedagger

On 5/24/2024 at 8:32 PM, thedagger said:

The Joe Simon collection Cap 1 is one of the most interesting books to price I've ever seen. Another incomplete 0.5 sold for 39.5k in 2020. That one wasn't missing as many pages, but also doesn't have the provenance. 

Ur essentially buying the front cover. 

Based on the positive sales of brittle pages in the recent comic link auctions, are collectors changing their perceptions ? I knew a time when PLODs were reviled. 

On 5/31/2024 at 5:51 AM, Grendel72 said:

Based on the positive sales of brittle pages in the recent comic link auctions, are collectors changing their perceptions ? I knew a time when PLODs were reviled. 

Aren't PLODs still reviled? I wouldn't bid on a PLOD.

I don't think perceptions of brittle pages will change. Dust will never be that collectible.

On 5/31/2024 at 8:02 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I don't think perceptions of brittle pages will change. Dust will never be that collectible.

Haha...so long u neva take the preserved mummy out of the sarcophagus, it will never turn to dust so easily. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 5:02 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Eventually every book -- and every collector -- turns to dust.

A lessening of PLOD hate would save some books from turning to dust sooner than they have to, if collectors restore the pages or reinforce them. And it might be a disincentive to s.c.u.m. aka "sellers of cut up material" (not my term) if marrying pages designed to improve a book would stop being reviled more than the deliberate destruction of books. 

(I get dizzy from the irony that pages which were trimmed with the INTENT of making a book appear better was deemed so repugnant that it was deemed necessary to put any and all things that were trimmed in a "restored" label even if the trimming was very clearly not done with the intent of making it better  and even very clearly makes the book or page appear worse.  And you can now get bright blue labels on pages that have been cut from otherwise intact wraps -- meaning collectors are being rewarded for having the clear INTENT of deliberately destroying it).

Edited by BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES

On 5/18/2024 at 10:11 PM, mrmovies said:

So many low/no grade ultrakeys: Tec 27, Supes 1, Batman 1, Cap 1, All-Star 8, and the list goes on... O.o

https://www.comiclink.com/search_adv.asp?all=y&TITLE=&TITLEOPT=ALL&ISSUE=&Condition=00.5&ConditionTo=01.0&CGC_CBCS=YES&CensusRank=&SearchPageQuality=&Pedigree=&PRICEF=&PRICET=&DESCRIPTION=&DESCRIPTIONOPT=ALL&SearchRemarks=&SearchCGC=&EXCLUDE=&CATEGORIES=-1&WCATEGORIES=-1&SORT=CATEG&_where_auctions=y&x=52&y=18&where_auctions=y

Fortunately, I was in some sort of collision and have some extra cash burning a hole in my pocket from the rather large settlement. My friends call me Parmy (short for parmesan) from all the cheese I have - as in money (cheddar). 

image.thumb.png.96dc5f18c178e01e87d81ed381ea40ec.png

Instead of a no/low grade copy of an ultrakey...how about the 9.6 Church copy of Superman's first published image...which is rarely talked about so probably still much more inexpensive.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1037574?tzf=1

Edited by ChillMan