• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JSA witnessed signature
1 1

9 posts in this topic

If i have a comic with the JSA sticker on it and submit it to JSA/cgc to get graded will the stick that is on the inside of the book ( not visible unless you open it.) Will that count against my grade? 

I would take pictures and contact cgc customer service and ask your question 

On 5/20/2024 at 8:08 PM, Nick R1 said:

If i have a comic with the JSA sticker on it and submit it to JSA/cgc to get graded will the stick that is on the inside of the book ( not visible unless you open it.) Will that count against my grade? 

It should not.  It should get the CGC SS yellow label.  See this from the FAQ

What if my autograph was previously witnessed by JSA?

If your autograph was witnessed by CGC or JSA (as part of the JSA Witness Protection Program (WPP)), your comic will receive the CGC Signature Series label, unless your comic also has an unwitnessed autograph. If your comic has both witnessed and unwitnessed autographs — and they are all genuine — your comic will receive the CGC x JSA Authentic Autograph label.

If your autographed collectible has a JSA WPP sticker on it, you should select “CGC Grading” as your submission type and “JSA Autograph Authentication” as an add-on service when filling out the CGC online submission form. JSA autograph authentication fees still apply because JSA must reverify the authenticity of the autograph and JSA WPP sticker. If the autograph and JSA WPP sticker are genuine, your comic will be automatically encapsulated with the CGC Signature Series label, which will identify the signer’s name and the date signed. This information, along with a notation that the signature was witnessed by JSA, will also be displayed in the grader notes on the CGC website.

Posted (edited)

@MattM CS idk how long you're to be tagged to answer questions, but another thread with questions that perhaps escaped view.

At some point we'll have to just direct questions to one thread to be posted and answered in?

Anyhoo cheers!

Screenshot_20240521_161200_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/21/2024 at 4:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@MattM CS idk how long you're to be tagged to answer questions, but another thread with questions that perhaps escaped view.

At some point we'll have to just direct questions to one thread to be posted and answered in?

Anyhoo cheers!

Screenshot_20240521_161200_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here 

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 5:14 PM, Nick R1 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here 

There are many many threads that he as an employee is trying to answer these questions, he asked us to tag him for questions that he has missed. :cheers:

He's following all the other threads, you started a new one, so no one who works for cgc was notified to answer you. That is why I tagged him due to his request to do so and he can answer people's question about their new service ^^

No Worries

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/21/2024 at 5:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There are many many threads that he as an employee is trying to answer these questions, he asked us to tag him for questions that he has missed. :cheers:

He's following all the other threads, you started a new one, so no one who works for cgc was notified to answer you. That is why I tagged him due to his request to do so and he can answer people's question about there new service ^^

No Worries

Awesome I really appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

He said to tag him, I figured if we could just post a main thread when other threads pop up, he'd have less of a struggle to parlay the answers cgc is providing.

I also said that 1st post in this thread because idk for how long this cgc answering questions is going to go on for, as oppose to tagging him for the near future "only"? I guess..

On 5/21/2024 at 5:35 PM, Nick R1 said:

Awesome I really appreciate it.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
On 5/20/2024 at 8:08 PM, Nick R1 said:

Hello @Nick R1, thanks for reaching out, and @ADAMANTIUM thanks for the ping!! In this case, the JSA sticker will be ignored during the grading process. Thanks for checking! If there are other stickers on the book, this will be reviewed by our graders accordingly.