• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need advise on this deal for batman 305 to 400
3 3

27 posts in this topic

Ok, i was looking for batman 300 to 400, find someone who have them about 305. I could get them for 600,  shipped. Its always hard to know if you r paying the fair price for bat books because its just a different world than any of the other dc charachters... its kinda like ASM, everyone is after them and the price asked for them are over the other books from the same years... 

Think people from the US who often see these books in the shops or elswhere could have a better view than me who just could look online...

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2024 at 8:50 AM, Grendel72 said:

Seems like a great deal especially with shipping even if the books are in g/vg condition. 

The fact is that im really not sure of the value from the fillers books from the early 80s... the keys are the keys but the random issues, no idea... (shrug) 

I mean i dont know if plenty of them are still rotting in the dollar bins...?

Edited by BA773

On 5/22/2024 at 12:09 AM, BA773 said:

Ok, i was looking for batman 300 to 400, find someone who have them about 305. I could get them for 600,  shipped. Its always hard to know if you r paying the fair price for bat books because its just a different world than any of the other dc charachters... its kinda like ASM, everyone is after them and the price asked for them are over the other books from the same years... 

Think people from the US who often see these books in the shops or elswhere could have a better view than me who just could look online...

I'm not sure what 'find someone who have them about 305' means.  

If this is the run complete from 300 to 400 it sounds like a pretty good deal.  100 issues at $6 each.  There are a bunch of keys and minor keys between 300 and 400.  Of course condition is always important but in general if these are priced almost at the cost of new books and I think I'd rather buy BA Batmans than modern books.

On 5/22/2024 at 1:58 AM, BA773 said:

The fact is that im really not sure of the value from the fillers books from the early 80s... the keys are the keys but the random issues, no idea... (shrug) 

No, I think you can assume that most Batman from this era are worth at least $5 to $10 unless absolutely beat up or incomplete.

On 5/22/2024 at 3:58 PM, BA773 said:

Just to be clear...its for issues #305 to #400 ? 96 issues in total.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:42 AM, Grendel72 said:

Just to be clear...its for issues #305 to #400 ? 96 issues in total.

You r right.

LITTLE SPECIFICATION

I have a really bad obsession about direct sales copies, 30 issues from the run are newsies including the greatest keys (357,358,359 and 386) so i will have to resell them to get direct copies, i offered this bundle of 30 to a friend who give me 260 dollars for it.

So it s like if i was paying 340 for 65 books without the keys... but i have good hope to could get them again with the ammount of the sale. 

@Grendel72 @thehumantorch@Brock

LITTLE SPECIFICATION

I have a really bad obsession about direct sales copies, 30 issues from the run are newsies including the greatest keys (357,358,359 and 386) so i will have to resell them to get direct copies, i offered this bundle of 30 to a friend who give me 260 dollars for it.

So it s like if i was paying 340 for 65 books without the keys... but i have good hope to could get them again with the ammount of the sale. And i also make someone else happy

In the future, if you are asking for help and happen to not be based in the US, it probably makes sense to mention your location and not assume others know.

There might be different answers in Canada vs England vs Switzerland vs Iran vs Mongolia.  

On 5/22/2024 at 4:57 PM, revat said:

In the future, if you are asking for help and happen to not be based in the US, it probably makes sense to mention your location and not assume others know.

There might be different answers in Canada vs England vs Switzerland vs Iran vs Mongolia.  

Never mind where im from i want to know if its a good deal for someone in US, its the only way to know if a deal is really good, people overseas are all overpaying for sh*t, i can assure you it!

On 5/22/2024 at 7:16 AM, BA773 said:

@Grendel72 @thehumantorch@Brock

LITTLE SPECIFICATION

So it s like if i was paying 340 for 65 books without the keys... but i have good hope to could get them again with the ammount of the sale. And i also make someone else happy

I'm curious, why do you like direct copies and dislike newstand copies? 

Selling the newstand copies would reduce your overall cost but I wouldn't do it.  First you'll have holes you'll have to fill and the shipping could cost you and second you're selling most of the keys in the run for very little and you'll end up paying about $5 per book for what's left.  Essentially you're making a very good deal into a okay deal.  I'd suggest you buy it all and replace the newstand copies over time.

On 5/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm curious, why do you like direct copies and dislike newstand copies? 

Selling the newstand copies would reduce your overall cost but I wouldn't do it.  First you'll have holes you'll have to fill and the shipping could cost you and second you're selling most of the keys in the run for very little and you'll end up paying about $5 per book for what's left.  Essentially you're making a very good deal into a okay deal.  I'd suggest you buy it all and replace the newstand copies over time.

Have asperger autism, need to make sense into everything, it s*cks, is why i need all my books the same edition, first print, direct, no freaking pence. To have a coherent collection...

What do you mean? Trading them? It would be almost impossible...  except with someone from the US who have all them direct which is hard to find... and even if... the guy is gonna ask me to pay a large tip for the service, and you still do not have include the shipping that i will have to pay for both package... its obvious that is not a good idea.

So i think its my only option to take advantage of the situation to sell them now that i have someone intersted before that i pick up them... fact is that if my friend was not interested to get these ones i will not even have reflected to buy them considering that the keys are newsies...

On 5/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, JollyComics said:

Welcome back.

Good luck on your shopping.  Newsstand copies are tough to be found overseas.

As they say the piracy is never ending :shy: