• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Discounted Fedex shipping provider
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know where to get discounted rates on Fedex shipping like you can for UPS and USPS through places like Pirateship (among many others)? Google is not turning up anything. I have had good luck with Pirateship for UPS and USPS, which are equivalent to what you get through eBay or Paypal.

TIA

Chris

On 5/23/2024 at 10:22 PM, cstojano said:

Anyone know where to get discounted rates on Fedex shipping like you can for UPS and USPS through places like Pirateship (among many others)? Google is not turning up anything. I have had good luck with Pirateship for UPS and USPS, which are equivalent to what you get through eBay or Paypal.

TIA

Chris

American Express regularly offers cash back as a percentage of money spent at Fed Ex with individual promotions for Fed Ex Office, Ground and Express. 
You have activate the offer online in your AmEx account and then the cash back is automatic as long as you use the card to pay for shipping. 
My normal discount is 10%. 

On 5/24/2024 at 6:24 AM, comix4fun said:

American Express regularly offers cash back as a percentage of money spent at Fed Ex with individual promotions for Fed Ex Office, Ground and Express. 
You have activate the offer online in your AmEx account and then the cash back is automatic as long as you use the card to pay for shipping. 
My normal discount is 10%. 

Good to know. Thanks.

On 5/24/2024 at 6:20 AM, JC25427N said:

I haven't used them in a while but GoShippo used to offer discounted rates for Fedex 

https://goshippo.com/

Thanks I may give this a try. I ended up signing up for a Fedex account which seemed to knock a chunk off the cost, still ridiculous though.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, cstojano said:

Thanks I may give this a try. I ended up signing up for a Fedex account which seemed to knock a chunk off the cost, still ridiculous though.

I wanted to sign up for a Fedex account but they told me at Fedex, in El Salvador, that I had to use the service a number of times each month to apply for an account with discounted shipping. What were the conditions you got when you signed up for one?

On 5/25/2024 at 5:09 AM, timguerrero said:

I wanted to sign up for a Fedex account but they told me at Fedex, in El Salvador, that I had to use the service a number of times each month to apply for an account with discounted shipping. What were the conditions you got when you signed up for one?

No conditions like this when I signed up, which was simply like signing up for any other website. Still expensive but much better than whatever rates they show online. Note the item was wrapped in one of thoe massive heritage manilla envelopes and they made me take it off because "it will get stuck in the belt, leading to damage or loss of the item". Fortunately she was nice enough to cover all the old labels with stickers.

On 5/24/2024 at 11:32 AM, cstojano said:

Yes, that's part of it. I should have mentioned but just assumed you'd done that. You set up an account, get an account number, and if you've got an AmEx set that up as the payment option, and if Fed Ex is running the cash back through AmEx click the box there and you're all set.