• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Homage to the Selling Forums (and my five favorite items sold by me here).
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Please share you experiences selling on the Forum Boards and your favorite items you've sold. 

Selling is part of collecting and its important to remember it can bring great personal satisfaction.

'nuff said.

Fun thread, and I like your table and chairs.

I'll note that I have only purchased comic books on the forum or I would add other than this comment to your thread.

Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2024 at 3:43 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Fun thread, and I like your table and chairs.

I'll note that I have only purchased comic books on the forum or I would add other than this comment to your thread.

My guess is most of us non-dealers buy much much more than we sell. Selling can be fun and rewarding. It can also give you a reason to hunt for something hard to find you may not need for your own core collection. But I do not think it would derail the thread to identify an item you bought on the boards that you really appreciate being sold to you by a fellow collector.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 6/11/2024 at 10:43 PM, sfcityduck said:

Please share you experiences selling on the Forum Boards and your favorite items you've sold. 

Selling is part of collecting and its important to remember it can bring great personal satisfaction.

'nuff said.

i was pleased that you bought my lot of decent grade Dells which i had owned for around 45 years

were you able to flip (i hope) or do you still have them ?

DSCN3809.thumb.JPG.9f8fc7b548b470c6c3fb3fca5dd57478.JPG

On 6/12/2024 at 2:02 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i was pleased that you bought my lot of decent grade Dells which i had owned for around 45 years

were you able to flip (i hope) or do you still have them ?

DSCN3809.thumb.JPG.9f8fc7b548b470c6c3fb3fca5dd57478.JPG

Stuff like that I don't flip. It's for the joy of reading - especially at the price. 

Fun thread.  Thanks for starting it.

So I'm not focused on any era or type of books or artist.  Just tend to buy what catches my eye when I have the funds.  I sometime buy from the auctions sites or at local shows or off local collectors but a fair bit of what I buy comes from here.  When buying here I tend to look harder at sales threads from boardies I like and trust and ignore sales threads from buyers I don't have a relationship with.  I appreciate the community here and want to support it and a purchase here is not just a comic book but a friendly interaction.  But to be fair the shipping cost plus duty and exchange rates is almost doubling my cost and making my online purchases pretty rare.

You have sold some amazing rarities here Duck! Always fun to check out your sales threads. The rarest of the rare is an understatement.

I “lurked” here for a year or so before I joined up. Just getting the lay of the land.

One of several reasons I signed up was to be able to buy some cool stuff. I later tried out a few sales threads of my own. I always have felt the “sense of community” here. Like dealing with your buddies. Wasn’t just about making money or getting stuff but great personal interactions.

This is one of my favorite places to transact. I can’t think of anything big or significant as a seller. I just enjoy moving things on to other collectors or buying a cool item or two for myself. Been a fun ride! 

On 6/12/2024 at 5:21 PM, thehumantorch said:

And since I don't sell here I can only post my favorite 5 comics purchased here.  Thanks to the wonderful sellers on the boards

Lucky Comics.  Not sure of the number, have to dig it up.  Purchased from eccomics.  Canadian White I'd never seen before in quite remarkable shape and frankly, I dig the cover.

luckycomics-700.jpg.935e1b184c9e028e459080c93fd5a188.jpg

All those books you bought are cool, but I've never seen the Lucky. Those stripes are really cool and the shape is amazing!

On 6/12/2024 at 1:25 PM, TupennyConan said:

About ten years ago on the Boards I was first to bring to market the OA covers to New Mutants 1 & Fury of Firestorm 1 (1982). They both sold within an hour.

Tons of fun! 

:banana:

Found some photos.

oa.jpg

x.jpg

Edited by TupennyConan